Thread: Anyone own a Mathews DXT

Default Anyone own a Mathews DXT

I am looking for DXT owners around Anchorage to Wasilla/Palmer or the other way out to Indian. I would to possibly shoot one with a 29-30" draw as I may be buying one soon and would like to feel how it shoots? Anyone willing to help a fellow archer out?

I don't own a DXT but I've shot a lot of them. They are not bad bows. I don't like them though. For me Hoyt's or PSE's shoot a lot better. I suggest shooting a few bows before you buy. Pick the one that feels the best for you. Don't buy a bow because of the name.

Yeah this isn't my first rodeo Bro, been around the game for quite awhile now. Started with a PSE team Fitzgerald, moved up to a HCA (high country) dont remember the model Jennings Buckmaster, then PSE baby G, then a Bowtech something or another one of there first short ata bows, onto a pre pse AR 32 ram 1/2 (nice decent bow), Switch back XT (shoulda kept that one), Bowtech Commander and Guardian, Hoyt's Trykon, Katera and Elite (target) Hoyt has good bows very dependable. My thoughts and these are opinions (like bholes all have them all stink) just not as smooth and shock/vibe free as Mathews. take that as you may, like I said its an opinion its what I like and if I am trying something out its gonna be in the Mathews line up or Elite archery line up. If I am gonna drop a grand on bow and set up I will not be the one second guessing myself.
    So before I consider to buy/buy this DXT I would just like to shoot one and see if the super short ATA is ok with me and my shoothing stance and anchor point and any other variable.

Does Full Curl Archery have one in stock? They've allowed me to shoot their bows off the rack for hours the last time I was shopping, even going as far as adjusting it to fit me better.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thumbs up

I own a DXT and it is one FANTASTIC shooting bow.

Sniper - He didn't ask for a synopsis of a non-DXT shooter's shooting history, he asked for an impression from someone who owns a DXT. Your closest bow to a DXT was the SB. Yep. You should've kept it.

I find mine extremely 'handy'. Short, yet forgiving. Hits HARD. Accurate. A very lovable bow.
    I'll let you shoot mine if you come by.

DON'T be a Mathews hater because you simply cannot afford one. When I started bowhunting there was no such thing as a PSE. Mathews LEADS the industry in technology advancement.

DXT's go for about $400, used, on AT.com. And they are still in great condition. SEE ME.

I own a DXT
    I own a Z-7 Extreme
    I own a Reezen 7
    I own a Conquest 3

Post up based upon experience. I mean, real experience. Or shut up.

Taylor

Thanks for the help guys especially your offer Mark btw you have a pm. AKDoug I will call Dave and check also.

DXT's are out of production. Mathews runs a model for 2 to 3 years usually, then discontinues it. Smart business model. It keeps idiots like me buying a new bow all the time... (absurd)

Taylor

Right on Mark but occasionally there is that one mysterious bow that stays on the self for a wee bit longer or more LOL which is the case with the one I am considering. He also has a buddy looking to sell one. I am kinda getting stoked, with your DXT experience and several other reviews I have looked at. Looking forward to shootin yours though. BTW what is you DL?
    Last edited by sniper3083006; 10-01-2011 at 19:34. Reason: forgot something

I have came to the conclusion majority of Matthew shooters are arrogant. Matthews isn't leading anything anymore...

Bwahahahahaha. Nether is Bowtech- your bow of choice LOL.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Bwahahahahaha. Nether is Bowtech- your bow of choice LOL.
    Yawn I shoot pse as well... Here I thought we were going to be new best friends lol... But you are alright guy even though you do shoot a Matthews, we all make mistakes...

Yep and the plan next year is to find that bog boar that left his prints and double lung him with my Mathews hooahh!!! Lol
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Yep and the plan next year is to find that bog boar that left his prints and double lung him with my Mathews hooahh!!! Lol
    That's all you I rather use a big rifle for that guy not a bow...

Oh don't worry, I will need backup. Tracks alone made the hairs on my ass stand up- considering I was camping 1/4 mile away, and there's 2 smaller bears in the area ta boot.