Thread: BIGGER wheels...

Smile BIGGER wheels...

I upgraded to larger hubs/wheels/axles/etc. no more flat looking tires and busted bearings! After season after season of messing with hubs, replacing bearings I finally went with 15's with 6 lugs instead of the 14's and 5 lugs. Wow, what a differences, the tires look normal! Anyone want my old set? Three of the five tires are brand new this summer, that was a waste of a purchase duh!

How can I launch my boat without getting my fresh wheels wet? (Ha Ha)

That should provide some solid peace of mind for you .

I have an interest in the 14"s

PM sent

Myers, Over the last 20 years I have seen a few boats launced at boat ramps without getting the wheels wet, the boats didn't get wet ether.From my point of view it my be cheaper to get the wheels wet But you can just drop the boat on the ramp at low tide and wait for the tide! GOOD LUCK

I just blew out another set of bearings, up on the Steese Hwy, this year. I was coming home from the Yukon and overloaded of course. I have been considering doing what you did for a few years now. New axles or where you able to just replace the spindles?

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    I upgraded to larger hubs/wheels/axles/etc. no more flat looking tires and busted bearings! After season after season of messing with hubs, replacing bearings I finally went with 15's with 6 lugs instead of the 14's and 5 lugs. Wow, what a differences, the tires look normal! Anyone want my old set? Three of the five tires are brand new this summer, that was a waste of a purchase duh!

How can I launch my boat without getting my fresh wheels wet? (Ha Ha)

Axles, hubs, tires/rims, don't forget your spare. The hubs are just "idlers" they have no brake system on them, that is another issue to investigate later. Cost was a big thing and timing also, I had a dead hub that meant I wasn't going anywhere without the fix happening now. I am kicking myself for not doing this years ago!