Thread: Hunting Reflection Lake

Default Hunting Reflection Lake

I still see cars/trucks parked at Reflection Lake gate. I and most of you I'm sure, remember before the "improvements" made there over the past couple years. Often there were hunters at the lake with their deks out, and also walking though to the backside and putting out deks in the salt.

I recall distinctly being told by the Hayflats Improvement Group (don't recall the official name) that hunting would still be allowed, that they did not want to interfer with hunting or hunters at Reflection Lake.

Now at the entrance if you read the signs, it says no hunting within 1/2 mile. That pretty well covers all the area reachable by foot between the Knik and Matanuska Rivers. Use to be a pretty nice place for somebody without a boat to hunt a little. Hope thats the only lie regarding hunting regulation that they have been telling us. Bud
    Wasilla

Actually, the signs read no discharging of firearms OTHER THAN LAWFULL HUNTING within mile.

Last year those signs said 1/4 mile, you may notice that in some areas they didn't bother to change signs, just posted the new limit over the old one. I agree with the no new signs, blow our money on some other stupid project. I do not agree with the other post referenced, might be a good guy, but did a lot more to get an area restricted and/or closed then the pathetic (And there has been more than one as of late) posts that are consuming this site. I like the knowledge here, but a good amount of bytching as of late.....oh and my report is, cottonwood is slow till the last half hour, deekes are good but 300 yards off the trail into the weeds is better.

Opps, I will stop and re-read the sign again this weekend, maybe I was way off base here. Sorry for bad information if I was. Will verify and post this weekend. Bud
    Wasilla

Opps!!! Maybe my mind is paying tricks on me again, problem of getting old. I will re-read the sign again this weekend and verify what is correct, maybe my screwup. If so I will correct it soon. Bud
    Wasilla