Thread: Funny how we never heard about the Troopers bending a brand new CC-180

Default Funny how we never heard about the Troopers bending a brand new CC-180

The news is full if GA stories, but I have not seen a single article or head line about the Fish & Feathers CC-180 that they bent up earlier this week up in the Knik somewhere.... I heard that from a Trooper named Doug.... said it made his day hectic when one of his guys wrecked a State plane... How about you guys?

I saw it being towed back to town on a trailer. Looked up the tail numbers, and was surprised to see the Troopers owned a 2010 CC-180. Beautiful paint job. Not the standard Trooper paint. Tail was crunched!

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...907CF+&x=0&y=0
    http://www.faa.gov/data_research/acc...a/H_0927_N.txt

************************************************** ******************************
    ** Report created 10/7/2011 Record 1 **
    ************************************************** ******************************

IDENTIFICATION
    Regis#: 907CF Make/Model: PA18 Description: PA-18 Super Cub (L-18C, L-21, U-7)
    Date: 09/26/2011 Time: 2220

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
    Damage: Substantial

DESCRIPTION
    AIRCRAFT CRASHED ON LANDING, KNIK GLACIER, NEAR PALMER, AK

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
    # Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
    # Pass: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
    # Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: 262153Z 00000KT 10SM FEW055 SCT250 11/01 A2948

OTHER DATA
    Activity: Training Phase: Landing Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: ANCHORAGE, AK (AL03) Entry date: 09/27/2011

I agree it is funny how the media will overlook this, but the second a civilian wads up a plane it is all over the news. And how did they keep the astronaut's name out of the news for almost a month? They know the name of the pilot usually in a day or two of a crash at most. Do I smell a coverup?
    http://www.adn.com/2011/10/07/210932...of-downed.html

Unlike APD, the Troopers have a very good history (almost cult-like) of controlling the information regarding their various goofs, boo-boos and other assorted dirty laundry.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    Unlike APD, the Troopers have a very good history (almost cult-like) of controlling the information regarding their various goofs, boo-boos and other assorted dirty laundry.
    Sounds like they should be in Washington, DC and working for Obama.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Trooper or not, he is still a fellow pilot. Most of us have bent metal if you have flown off airport enough, myself included. Our government wastes a lot more money than a Top Cub everyday. ***** happens.

I heard that their was nothing wrong with the engine and no incliment weather conditions when the astronaut crashed. That leads me to believe it was purely pilot error. I am guessing that this trooper plane was a seperate issue?

Regardless, troopers and FAA are not my friends, fellow aviators or not. I heard that the FAA was at wasilla airport and talkeentna after the series of mid air collisions harrasing people about air worthyness certs and registrations (even though the series of mid airs had nothing to do with air worthieness certs), I fly for leisure I dont need that crap.

The point of my post was not weather a trooper was involved in a crash personally, rather the fact that their mishaps seem to stay out of the media.
    Billy O's situation is interesting too....

One of my good friends saw this crash moments after it happened and I have been looking for info since... that's funny to the reason why I couldn't find anything.

According to a source within their fold,,, "The landing was OK, but the plane rolled into some big rocks and flipped itself over on its back."

So apparently in some universes, once your tires touch something solid your landing is completed safely and anything after that point is a taxi mishap.

I hate to burst your bubbles but there are lots of accidents you don't hear about. No injuries, no rescue, so story. Cubs occasionally flip on their backs. So what.

As for the Regal Air accident? Who was piloting the plane wasn't important. The outcome was good. The pilot was credited for doing everything right. As you'd expect from a guy who's clearly one of the best fixed wing pilots on the planet. I'd ride right seat with him any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    I hate to burst your bubbles but there are lots of accidents you don't hear about. No injuries, no rescue, so story. Cubs occasionally flip on their backs. So what.

As for the Regal Air accident? Who was piloting the plane wasn't important. The outcome was good. The pilot was credited for doing everything right. As you'd expect from a guy who's clearly one of the best fixed wing pilots on the planet. I'd ride right seat with him any time.
    Wait, wait . . . . . "The plane landed OK, but the plane rolled into some big rocks and flipped over?" And the pilot did everything right? Okay, if you say so.................... Well, I did much the same thing when landing on a ridge leading up to the top Caribou Mountain. Did I do everything right? Nope, and I've always admitted it was pilot error. The approach was good, and the landing was good, but the rollout was mishandled. Sorry to think we disagree again.

Jack Lee did the same thing many years ago down near Port Heiden. I flew him back to Anchorage so he could get a new skylight for his Super Cub. We agreed that he may have screwed things up a little. Yes, it does happen to the best of outback pilots, but it's still pilot error in my book. Something was mishandled!

Two different stories. Read before you react. The flipped Cub was a trooper flight. Flipped on rollout. Not a big deal. Some would believe there's a conspiracy to conceal it. Whatever. The Regal Air incident was flown by a NASA space shuttle captain who experienced an engine failure in flight. What was it the NTSB investigator said? The pilot had "nerves of steel", I think it was?

Very unfortunately for Billy O, he won't be able to order a pizza with the talking heads on the supposed "NEWS" telling the whole story of crazy stalker astro-chick, over and over... A real bummer to have your life stamped with what somebody else did...

I'd say the state enforcement guys average close to 2 wrecks a year. Pretty sure the administration is cheap on letting them practice.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!