Thread: Denali Highway Snow Report! 9/29/2011

Default Denali Highway Snow Report! 9/29/2011

Snow began falling at 5am this morning. We have about an inch so far! Doubt it will stay, but it's a good start on what we hope to be a snowy season! Time to get the dust off those sleds and get them ready! Happy riding to all this season, and be safe out there!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Claude, hear there was a bit of snow up that way a couple days ago. Can you update us on current conditions?

Default Updated snow report - Denali Highway 10/28/11

We have had a lot of snow over the last month. It is a nice heavy wet snow that didn't blow around much with the wind, so we are looking at a good base for this winters snow machine season! Right now at the lodge we have about 8" to 10" of snow on the ground, most of which has been here for a week or two. I have been out snow machining, and the highway all the way from Cantwell is covered in packed snow, and is good snow machining already, but I have still been driving in and out. No gravel is showing the entire distance. Off trail riding is not good yet, but on trails it is pretty good.

We are looking forward to a great winter this year!

Claude

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    We have had a lot of snow over the last month. It is a nice heavy wet snow that didn't blow around much with the wind, so we are looking at a good base for this winters snow machine season! Right now at the lodge we have about 8" to 10" of snow on the ground, most of which has been here for a week or two. I have been out snow machining, and the highway all the way from Cantwell is covered in packed snow, and is good snow machining already, but I have still been driving in and out. No gravel is showing the entire distance. Off trail riding is not good yet, but on trails it is pretty good.

We are looking forward to a great winter this year!

Claude
    awesome news, i can't wait to start riding again, trailer bearings are packed full of grease and sleds have been gone through top to bottom, just waitin for more snow

Default more snow

Good deal Franklin! We are getting more snow today, so hopefully it will add to the decent base we have. Looks like I'm going to have great snow to get the trapline out on Nov 10th. We are putting out about 50 miles between the Susitna and Clearwater, up into Valdez and Windy, and down river almost to where the Maclaren dumps into the Su.

Nothing better than winter in Alaska!

Claude