Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair Warning

Default Fair Warning

I'll be out on duck lake this weekend and yes my deeks will most likely get left out. I will do my best to be in spot before the rest of you show up so as not to upset those of you that have a problem with it. I will be somewhere on the big water most likely, So if you just take a few extra minuts to look, you won't miss them, just in case I don't make it out in time, Just watch out for the jerk cord or I promiss, you will still be there when I do show up (not a threat) If you feel a need to talk some smack don't waste your time doing it here(UNLESS YOU DON"T HAVE THE BALL) just stop on by camp(just above the shack, rabbit slough side) You won't miss it, and we can have us a good old-fashioned sit down or a good old knock down drag out, you pic. Other wise stay the f*** away from me and I'll do my best to stay away from you. Be advised I do rundown my crips so if I end up in (your spot) doing so SORRY! And feel free to chase yours my way but, if I shoot them it's going to cost you as many rounds as it takes, to get them back, as I would expect in return. And if you find you butt stuck in the mud or in a bind and some guy just go's by you and doesn't stop, That may just be me. Hope this helps all those that feel the need to have someone else to run their lives And yes if you haven't figured it out yet I'm f****** P***** off at you people (you know who you are) You just won't get it untill it's gone. But then most of you will have most likely have left by then anyway. My self, I plan on having some of my ashs put in duck lake next to my Old Mans so I'm not going anywhere soon.
    Have A Nice Day!

Oh and if I remember it, I may even mark my spread with some real expensive reflective tape. After all aren't you worth it.

BB..that is to funny..haver fun, be careful and kill some birds will ya..

Sure Griffin willl stop by a cup of joe..or to talk duck.

Wish I was out there with ya..tell Chuck I said hello

DH
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Thanks for staying on the rabbit slough side of the big blind, the east side has been getting crowded. Have a great weekend, I hope some ducks show up.

Never duck hunted....if your late can I sit in your blind and shoot any ducks that might cruise by? I'll bring my lab, but she's not a great retriever so I might lose one.

Lol

saw a few ducks in Petersville. Might pay off to get a stamp. Good luck and don't forget your flak jacket.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I like this post lol...too many complainers on here.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

well said!!! see you saturday, bright and early. watch out for that tide! I am guessing it claims at least one boat this weekend lol

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    I like this post lol...too many complainers on here.
    Ill second that!

Banned

Cool Give em' HELL. KID!

he he he REAL ALASKA WATERFOWLERS UNITE

duckman, they won't stop to talk to you and they probably won't even see your decoys. Your post will piss them off and they will just go to their advisory committee or BOG or refuge manager and before you know it you won't be able to leave decoys out, or hunt after noon, or use a motorized boat. You profess to worry about further regulation, but yet you ignore other hunters (complainers) at your peril.

Maybe its the "tradition" at duck lake, but if you won't stop and help someone that is stuck in the mud or demand to be reimbursed for any shells needed to kill someone else's cripple before giving it up, frankly I would expect a few people to stop and piss whenever they pass by the spot your ashes get spread. I would appreciate the offer of shells used to kill a cripple, but I would never accept them. I just figure that it is a common courtesy and that what goes around comes around. The same for helping people in need - it might be me some day. That a courteous relationship between hunters makes it better for everyone involved must be something that you and those that think like you have yet to learn.

I am not saying leaving your dekes out this weekend is right or wrong. But your attitude could use some improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    duckman, they won't stop to talk to you and they probably won't even see your decoys. Your post will piss them off and they will just go to their advisory committee or BOG or refuge manager and before you know it you won't be able to leave decoys out, or hunt after noon, or use a motorized boat. You profess to worry about further regulation, but yet you ignore other hunters (complainers) at your peril.

Maybe its the "tradition" at duck lake, but if you won't stop and help someone that is stuck in the mud or demand to be reimbursed for any shells needed to kill someone else's cripple before giving it up, frankly I would expect a few people to stop and piss whenever they pass by the spot your ashes get spread. I would appreciate the offer of shells used to kill a cripple, but I would never accept them. I just figure that it is a common courtesy and that what goes around comes around. The same for helping people in need - it might be me some day. That a courteous relationship between hunters makes it better for everyone involved must be something that you and those that think like you have yet to learn.

I am not saying leaving your dekes out this weekend is right or wrong. But your attitude could use some improvement.
    +1 rep sent.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ut-quot-Thread

RobR, I really thing Duckman was being a little sarcastic and jabbing at others in regards to the above mentioned thread. I've always found him to be a very ethical hunter on the flats and dl. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ut-quot-Thread

RobR, I really thing Duckman was being a little sarcastic and jabbing at others in regards to the above mentioned thread. I've always found him to be a very ethical hunter on the flats and dl. Bud
    Naw, sorry, gotta disagree on that one. An angry rant full of name calling, swearing and threats does not in any way qualify as sarcasm. It qualifies a guy for a different label entirely.

If I were to say "gee, he sounds like a really nice guy who I'd like to meet sometime", that would be sarcasm.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    If I were to say "gee, he sounds like a really nice guy who I'd like to meet sometime", that would be sarcasm.

Duckman, you sound like a really nice guy and I'd like to meet ya sometime. Enjoy your cool autumn morning!
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Naw, sorry, gotta disagree on that one. An angry rant full of name calling, swearing and threats does not in any way qualify as sarcasm. It qualifies a guy for a different label entirely.

honestly I can say i have met over a dozen waterfowlers out on the flats and AKduckman has been as nice and helpful as they come. Nothing but good experences with him. I saw he this morning, he was heading is as i headed out and this post was mentioned and it was ment in jest to the previous 6 pager. You all have to admit the B******* has gotten outta control this season. And if you notice, most of the people doing the crying don't hunt DL or do so very rarely. I'm sure there's a few exception tho

I have never met him in person, but he has always given good advice on these forums.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I know him very well..he was being sarcastic in a sense..and at the same time ref the other post.
    He would help you out, and share his camp fire with another waterfowler...but the ideas shared by many on some of these topics is ridiculous and has gone on long enough. His main conern is..not everyone shares the passion as some of us when it comes to chasing our feathered friends and conserving the right to do so. Therefore, leaving it open for the treehuggers to merge on our grounds. I dont mind sharing the resources with them at all. I just think if they really want to bounce on our "hunting issues" that they should understand that we can both share and benifit from the same resources while providing us the opportunity to manage wildlife and benefit from it as well....been an issue for centuries and will never go away..but sad that PETA and other orgainzations dont realized the importance of managing wildlife. I studied this for years and obtained a degree in this field...have spent numerous hours explaining the importance to many of them over the years...some get it and some dont. The fact remains...we must hunt and provide the opportunity to do so to manage our resources for generations to come....period!

Duckman..is an awesome guy, harvester, conservative and the true wildlife conservationist. He provides for his family and helps manage the resources we have. Just tired of the BS.

Shoot straight brohter!
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Your post proves on what little you really know. Assuming, that's all you are doing.

Shoot well AK Duckman. Post some pics of heavy straps for those of us stuck at work.

I have to agree. The waterfowl forum has been pathetic this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Your post proves on what little you really know. Assuming, that's all you are doing.
    I followed most of the "other" thread. Saw valid points on both sides of the issue. Stopped following it when it degraded into repetitious silliness. Don't know most any of the parties involved in that other argument and am not picking sides with anyone. I judge people more by what they say and how they present themselves than by what others say about them. My point was only that the gentleman in question made a generally nasty post full of threats and obscenities. I found it offensive at face value and after thinking about it for awhile decided to say so. My post doesn't "prove" anything, Matt, except that you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. Some people aren't interested in making new friends, don't care if they come across as a-holes, and don't care if they drive away others who might have otherwise taken an intrest in their sport. That's how the gentleman's post affected me. Just thought you might be interested in knowing that. That's all my post was about. Good day.
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    The waterfowl forum has been pathetic this season.
    Thats because I have a damaged arm and can't hold or swing the shotgun. Otherwise I would be carrying the forum with good deeds and great hunts. Next weekend I might make it out and bring some balance to the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast