Thread: Db228

Default Db228

well it's less than a month away. heading down & flying out with sea-hawk. very excited to try for a kodiak bear- have my heart set on a 9'+ or nothihng so we'll see how that goes. bringing my wife as camerawomen, & a buddy from work as back up. set on my 338win with 225 bullets. story & pic's in a few

Good luck and bring plenty of wet weather gear and warm clothing. Don't forget to bring more food than you normally eat on hunts since it will be plenty cold down there and you will be burning extra calories trying to stay warm.

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing all about it - I'm backing up my husband for that area next spring!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerofdreams View Post
    Good luck! Looking forward to hearing all about it - I'm backing up my husband for that area next spring!
    will do. getting the gear list together right now.

And the foxes and ravens might eat some of that food as well, Right Bronco?

Quote Originally Posted by hntr View Post
    And the foxes and ravens might eat some of that food as well, Right Bronco?
    Yeah don't airdrop your food and expect the snack sticks and cheese to still be there the next afternoon! I will give it to the scavengers they have good taste in food they ate that stuff but left the Mt House meals alone...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Yeah don't airdrop your food and expect the snack sticks and cheese to still be there the next afternoon! I will give it to the scavengers they have good taste in food they ate that stuff but left the Mt House meals alone...
    when did you go on your bear hunt? how was the deer numbers?

less than 10 days till we get on the plane. has anyone been down deer hunting? be nice to get one of them as long as we are down there.

leaving tonight at 8:30. spending a couple day in kodiak before getting flown out. I talked with F&G down there about bear numbers, they said it was high & there should be some good bears around? has anyone been down deer hunting around the wild creek area?goat hunting?

Good luck!

OK. we made it back alive. That was awsome down there. I did not connect on a bear but did see several & even got a shot at one. weather was not the best, lots of rain & wind. Sea-hawk air was beyond great with their service. I'll try to post some pics of the trip soon. Already wanting to go back