Thread: What a wonderful Shooting day!

Default What a wonderful Shooting day!

Sunday was gorgeous, me and the guys went out to Birchwood and had a superb day of popping rounds. We had, between the three of us, probably 29 different revolvers and autos...of course, seant made sure he torched off his 9mm Defender every time I was taking my bullseye stance!

Best of all, I had the chance to talk to the guy who runs the entire range (Jim or John, I cant remember, that would entail me having a mind) and we hashed out my concerns (heretofore posted) about whats going on out there.

I was happy about the way my input was acknowledged and accepted, and appreciated the offer from (Jim or John or whoever his name is, somebody will remind me, my brain is as slow today as a Democratic politician in a budget cutting contest) him to personally direct any concerns in the future to him. Nice offer.

And 2nd best was watching kjsl105 taking his tactical stance and popping off my 1917 Webley Smoke and flame! Thats how we did it in the old days young fella...made ya nervous huh

And for you 1911 Kydex guys, the old Model 10 just pummeled the X ring on the sillouhette....pummeled. Wadcutters rock!

Default Shooting Day

I am glad somebady has realized that running someone into the ground does nothing !!!! Realize that the business that you either promote or hinder can be your own.I shoot at Birchwood for a reason,there is no other place that throw clay targets as cheap as they do.I shoot over 2800 registerd targets in the month of july and august that is each month.How about some of the gun shops sponsoring some of the events,like the ATA or Skeet Association or the Alaska Sporting Clays, and that does not happen hardly at all.To further the sport of shooting help the kids if you don't want to sponsor a league team or an event.The ATA shoots an event and reserves the whole trap and skeet range during the State Trapshoot,there was 83,000 targets thrown,so don't tell me that there wasn't possible ammo sale to anyone.Lets try and promote all shooting sports,not the one you belive is the one to do.

Do you shoot there because its cheap, or because you like it?

You shotgun guys have a nicer clubhouse

Anyway, We for one have been thinking about doing something to promote the clay sports over there. Andy Blore, the usual champion, is a good friend of mine, maybe Ill try to get him a Blaser loaner

I like it there !!! The club house is bigger on the shotgun end because of the volume of shooters that are there.Shoot more on the shotgun end then its easy.The EPM membership also brings down the price per round of shooting also.If the price of shooting at Birchwood is the problem,maybe even the price of the firearm that your using is also too expensive.Feeding a shooting habit or hobby is not cheap by any means.A bag of shot is 36 bucks with powder your buying 16 lbs at a time wads by the case along with primers.It costs 306 dollars to shoot a 600 bird ATA weekend with all the options.Don't be so sour on the way the range is being run,the board meeting are the last monday of the month and everyone is invited.