Thread: Instruction

Default Instruction

I am looking for a instructer in the interior. I purchased a kitfox model one (experimentel light sport). I have a sport pilots licence for weight shift. My plane does not have dual brakes.my fox.jpg
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

You may have done this already but you should contact the Fairbanks EAA as well as the Kitfox factory and see if they know of any instructors in your area. As an instructor with lots of tailwheel time I can tell you that I would not take on a student in your situation. I have no time in a Kitfox and with without dual brakes it would be pretty scary. You may end up having to install the dual brakes in your plane. That might be expensive but it would be a lot cheaper than renting a plane to get your training. Good luck.

i am an instructor (no kitfox time) but totally second that you should install dual brakes.

I have lots of time in KF I and II and Avid "C" and MK IV. They all fly the same with the KF I taking the STOL. If you have the wide gear then landings are a non event. With the original narrow gear, it can get dicey in a hurry. I never felt the need for dual brakes in them just stayed ahead of the curve. With all this being said, if you ahve the stock brakes in it, then they are not much better than sticking your leg out the door and dragging your feet. The geometry on the brake pedals suck and you cant get enough pressure to the calipers. There are lots of fixes for this. Head over to www.avidfoxflyers.com and join up, we have quite a few guys around ehre flying these fun lil birds!

I would also recommend checking with our local EAA chapter. I'm a member and I know we have at least one or two Kitfox pilots in the group. Our first meeting of the season is this coming Thursday (Oct 6th) at 6:30 pm. We usually meet at the Pioneer Air Museum but this coming meeting is at Hutchison in room 202 (A&P School) where we'll be showing off our Jenny wing rebuild project. That's the Jenny that used to hang in the Fairbanks terminal and will be hanging in the new terminal....with new, correct wings.

As usual for our EAA Chapter meetings, all are invited, so if anyone reading this thinks they might be interested, bring family, friends, etc. and come on over!....Louis
    Louis Knapp