Thread: a good small game area for acouple or disabled guys

Post a good small game area for acouple or disabled guys

My buddy and I would like to get out and get some small game. where is a good area to maybe use a 22 or a shotgun/air rifle would like to get some grouse and some hares.

If we get enough folks for a Petersville run this weekend I'd be more than happy to share a seat.

Fair amount of grouse to be had, I kicked up well over a dozen.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Can you be a bit more specific with regards to the degree of disability? Does the area need to be ATV accessible? Can you and your buddy walk on reasonably flat ground? Would you be able to get 10 or so yards into thick brush to recover game? I might have an idea, but it depends on the degree of disability you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Can you be a bit more specific with regards to the degree of disability? Does the area need to be ATV accessible? Can you and your buddy walk on reasonably flat ground? Would you be able to get 10 or so yards into thick brush to recover game? I might have an idea, but it depends on the degree of disability you're talking about.
    I also have some ideas but need to know what level of disability. Much of the small game habitat is fairly labor intensive to walk through but there are a number of places where one can ATV hunt with fair success.

Our areas of lacking are mainly doing a lot of climbing or steep grades or massively unstable ground, My buddy has severe edema in his legs so that what i am trying to accomodate. I myself just need to lay on ice for a day after a day afield. I appreciate your guys input we were actually looking at the backside of Eklutna Lake. Have never hunted the area before. we can get off the trail a few meters to gather our take so not looking for any handouts or anything like that we just can't get into those areas that the young go getters get into. It has been a long time since I have been afield so I am also trying re-establish my area knowledge.

Pm me this winter, I'll take you guys up north on my dime, shoot as manny hares that will fit in a sled. I've had 83 in their with room to spare. If it's not to cold, ill call in some lynx, fox in the same area. Only catch is if I see you back in that area, it wouldn't be good.
    Hoytguy