Thread: Boat Tralier - New Lights added, no more hours of darkness for me.

Eagle River

Default Boat Tralier - New Lights added, no more hours of darkness for me.

I have an oversize boat and have to have an oversize permit to move it. One of the stipulations on the permit is that I can not move during hours of darkness (basically 1/2 hour before sunset to 1/2 hour after sun rise). There is a way to be allowed to move during these times and it requires installing lights on the widest portion of your trailer. I did not think anything about this for a while until I made a few late night trips with the boat back from Whittier and started thinking about the ticket I could get. I did some looking online and found these small LED marker lights.

I finally got around to installing them a few weeks ago and I really like them. They are very visible from any angle and make it a breeze to glance in the mirror and see the side of the trailer. I wired them up the the existing marker lights on the fender so they are on when the marker lights are. I am considering mounting a second set facing backwards and wiring them to the turn signals.

Not a bad investment of $10 bucks for new lights and now I can tow my oversize load any time I want.... well except holidays and when the moon is full and the wind is blowing from the South West.

2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Nice!! you can never have enough lights
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's