Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10/1 Poker run alternative

Default 10/1 Poker run alternative

Day ride, Petersville 10/1. Run the loop from the Forks to the end and down Dollar Creek. I wanna run this again during full daylight but I'm not runnin Dollar Creek alone, I made it through once but my fingers were certainly crossed a few times. <br />
    <br />
    After 10/1 the tough parts will start to have surface ice making it tougher to winch out. <br />
    Anyways, mid day BBQ along the way, I'll bring the grill and meat.

All it takes it one more and I'm goin.

Depending on what your bringing, I've got room on my trailer for 2, maybe 3 more atvs, or 1 ranger/rhino if I'm feelin lucky to haul em sideways.

Just have your recovery gear in order and your winch checked out prior to.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Sounds like fun, but it sure isn't for the novices. I've made the run and there's no way my kids will make it through on their machines.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

True that Doug.

A few guys mentioned wanting to get out and see what their rig will do. This is definitely that trail with all the mud and swamps.

With my boy on his 90 I'm limited to KGB/Wasilla and Knik, but Knik is not my cup of tea.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

If you want mud, winching, breaking stuff and gettign stuck I have the trail for you.. Zero lake rd take. Take the road all the way until it dead ends drop your wheelers and take the road directly in front of you. All I will say is good luck. it is only a 5 mile stretch .

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Day ride, Petersville 10/1. Run the loop from the Forks to the end and down Dollar Creek. I wanna run this again during full daylight but I'm not runnin Dollar Creek alone, I made it through once but my fingers were certainly crossed a few times. <br />
    <br />
    After 10/1 the tough parts will start to have surface ice making it tougher to winch out. <br />
    Anyways, mid day BBQ along the way, I'll bring the grill and meat.

All it takes it one more and I'm goin.

Depending on what your bringing, I've got room on my trailer for 2, maybe 3 more atvs, or 1 ranger/rhino if I'm feelin lucky to haul em sideways.

Just have your recovery gear in order and your winch checked out prior to.
    This sounds like a great time... I may be on a bear hunt trip at that time but if I change my mind count me in....

Ive explored Zero lake a bit though I hear there's a trail that runs north deeper into Willow, I think I got on it once but turned back cuz I was solo.

Pull-pal is on my list of things to add.

Mail trail off Shirley Towne is another good one. End of Willer-Kash O's another that runs towards the Kashwitna but a bit tight for the Ranger.

There are bears to be had in the hills on the upper reaches of Pville road though I passed through after dark. I thought I scoped a grizz in the brush but there was so much distance and I wanted to put some miles on.

Sounds like a good time. Wish I had more than 3 wheel drive on the ranger.

Anything I can do to help
    junk? I know my way around a Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    If you want mud, winching, breaking stuff and gettign stuck I have the trail for you.. Zero lake rd take. Take the road all the way until it dead ends drop your wheelers and take the road directly in front of you. All I will say is good luck. it is only a 5 mile stretch .
    Yup!!!! I agree! Bottomless holes there too!

Quote Originally Posted by littleman81 View Post
    Yup!!!! I agree! Bottomless holes there too!
    Its bad when the back end of the 6X6 sinks to the bed box... good thing enough trees to winch off of.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Its bad when the back end of the 6X6 sinks to the bed box... good thing enough trees to winch off of.
    Yes, there are plenty of trees there. Much different when that happens and no trees...I have first hand experience with that and nearly broke my leg last year trying to pull a Rhino out with a wheeler. Let's just say that when a loaded winch line pops a wheeler over a hummock and flips it, it hurts really bad when said wheeler's rack extension lands on your leg...several lessons learned that day and I limped away with a badly bruised ankle that took six months to completely heal.

John (323) is in. Ante up people. More the merrier, should be a good time.

Grouse for sure, bears maybe. Im down for anything.

I may pick up a "go pro" just to take video.

Here is your chance fellas to see some neat country and have plenty of support to get you unstuck if you get stuck. Should be bears running around out there.

Last call. I'm packing my junk and headed out shortly. I'll be camped at the bridge via Forks Roadhouse.

John/323 will trickle in around 830ish

Just look for Rangers. I'll have cowboy coffee rolling til we split.

Mud, sleet, snow and 1 blown Ranger.

Had a blast! Was a pleasure meeting Jon and Ben- you both are class acts. Thanks for the tow, Ben. Very impressed with the Big Boss performance in the conditions we rode.

I'll throw up some pics after a while...feelin some breakfast in Talkeetna.

Had a great time... Maybe next time more folks will come... For you guys always asking " I need somewhere to go moose hunting" you could of found you a new spot... Again look forward to another trip...

Any pictures?

Ill post some pics when I get home.

We came across the largest interior bear tracks we'd ever seen. 15" long, 9 wide perfect impressions of the rear pad.

The Hills.

Lame!!!

Great time, good folks to ride with. Thanks for scouting the mudholes!

so why the tow? what did you do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast