Thread: New Guide License Fees (Proposed)

Registered or master guide-outfitter license fee, for all or part of the biennial
    license period, $725.00.....increased from previous fee of $450.00.

Did I read that correctly?

Unexpected....Stings a little bit like an Alder branch smacking back into ones nose on a cold morning..

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Registered or master guide-outfitter license fee, for all or part of the biennial
    license period, $725.00.....increased from previous fee of $450.00.

Did I read that correctly?

Unexpected....Stings a little bit like an Alder branch smacking back into ones nose on a cold morning..
    Yes, that is correct and assistant guides will potentially increase to $420.00. Non-resident licenses will be double these rates.

Nauseating. So, instead of offering the test only once every other year for Registered Guides, the State has decided to increase the fee. Figures. Can't swing a dead cat in a complete circle without clunking it in to a new guide. A number of those fudged their requirements. After they get all their family's friends to go on a hunt for cheap, the Guide learns it is real work and tons of preparation. Can't wait to see what the guide-use areas look like. It'll be interesting to see how much an assistant or register guide will have to work for to be employed by another outfit given the rate increase. The whole topic is nauseating. Better to just write the check and not think about it. This is no solution and the state knows it. Just more pandering to the fat cats.

I remember when it was $10.00 for two years.

ouch, ouch, ouch.
    hurtin' economy, possible GCP loomin', increase cost of ALL fuel and then a almost double increase in license fees. well got me over a barrell, i have to pay to play.

Offtherecord any reasoning behind this you can share with us?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

The government will always insure that they have a job and enough money for raises and promotion which means new hires for the lower jobs.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Methinks, Jake, you answered your own question to Karl in part of your post about something "loomin." <grin>

COPY of e-mail sent

Subject: Licensing Fees

TO:jun.maiquis
    jun.maiquis@alaska.gov

Dear Jun Maiquis,

Please put me on the list of those who will not be renewing my Brokers License at the new rates, I live in a very small town and loose money every year with my Real Estate Company.

If you drive people out of business you will have no one to regulate.

News flash - guide licnse fees are not increasing this year. License renewal forms and online renewal option should be available in a few days: http://commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pgui.htm

Obviously this was close and while Board members managed to win this argument for the time being other revenew avenues will probably be discussed at the upcoming Board meetings: http://commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pgui18.htm You all might consider making suggestions: http://commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pub/gui4573.pdf

Great news. Great links. Thanks!!

The 2012-2013 guide license renewals just went out in the mail. They should be posted online shortly.

There is a chance that the increased license fees could still be passed later so it might not be a good cycle to delay renewing(?)