Thread: A Modest Proposal (Anch/Valley)

Default A Modest Proposal (Anch/Valley)

Hey Anchorage/Valley crowd,

Unfortunately I'm making a trip to TN this week, but I'll be getting back to Anchorage next Monday night. I'd like to hunt somewhere down there Tuesday morning, but I don't know my way around well enough to expect to just wander into a decent spot to hunt. So I guess the question is impolite but simple: would someone mind letting me tag along with them Tuesday morning? I don't mind if it's the lakes out on the Knik or the Hayflats or 20mile or ocean or whatever.

A couple of things I can offer. I have 3 dozen decoys and a boat and a motor. I don't know how much good any of them will do me down there, but they work fine up here. I use them to kill tons of ducks.

One other thing... my sister is flying back up with me, so she'll be hunting too. She's a good duck hunter and won't be in the way, but I'll have to check you out a little before we hit the water. I'd go duck hunting with the devil himself, but I can't let her get out in a boat with an idiot.

Thanks a bunch. Feel free to send me a PM or respond on here.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

SkinnyD,
    If no one responds with an offer I would recomend 20mile. You can hunt the marsh without a boat. Not much air traffic, mostly jump shooting all the little ponds. It's a good work out too.
    Good Luck.

pm sent.............
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Ended up leaving the boat in Fairbanks when I drove down to the airport. That being said, who wants to go hunting Tuesday?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Drop a pm when you get in tonight. Dont' know if I can conjure up a plan or not.

Hey, if your commin out big lake way there is a spot where I alway see ducks that I hunted day after opening morning and got some, but I havn't hunted sence then, I keep planning on doing a canoe trip (instead of from the bank where I am limited on what I can do) so if you want to come out I'd be happy to letchya share my canoe, might see if I can borrow my neighbors too if your sister is gonna be there too. little late but if you don't have another option hit me up

the catch? due to work and stuff I can only hunt the evenings.....it would be nice to get a lesson in wing shooting instead of having to try to figure it out by my self.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.