Thread: Ptarmigan where too?

Default Ptarmigan where too?

I've heard Gunsight mountian was a decent place. I really want to get a couple color Phase birds for a mount and to get my kids on a good hunt before the snow flys.

I know Hatcher Pass used to be good- but a friend of a friend said he took 300 from there last year. I dont understand why some hunters think thats cool.

hatcher pass still has some birds.
    i whent on an outing to kragee creek i think its called, anyway, back up the vally i cam accross a group of 25 birds.
    no gun for me but it was awesome to see some pretty critters!
    good luck, free man!
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Well if your looking for ptarmigan I had some good luck up north at Clear. I was deep in the woods though. But, they were thick in groups and can take 3-5 if your quick with a shotty. Near southcentral there are grouse up Baldy in Wasilla. It's been so long since I have hunted Hatchers but I do remember seeing birds when I was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by AKmuscle49 View Post
    I've heard Gunsight mountian was a decent place. I really want to get a couple color Phase birds for a mount and to get my kids on a good hunt before the snow flys.

I know Hatcher Pass used to be good- but a friend of a friend said he took 300 from there last year. I dont understand why some hunters think thats cool.
    I'd take anything a friend of a friend says with a grain of salt.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.