Thread: Gun Avalibility .375 ruger

Exclamation Gun Avalibility .375 ruger

I have been hearing that people want this rifle, I got it directly from our distributer, about the ruger .375 some of this I am sure you already know. The alaskan has a dimond coated stainless steel over which a matte black is applied, it will have a houge stock and a 20' barrel. the african will have walnut stock, blued steel, and a 23" barrel, both will have open sights.
    I found out that the alaskan is not yet avaliable, as ruger recalled them because of a problem with the finish. We have them on order at work (frontier outfittters, fairbanks) but as of yet they are not in, we have been told that we will recive the african model first. USE CAUTION if someone tells you they have one, because of what I have already told you. I hear rumors that soemone has one of these but when I chase it down, it always had turned out false, or a mistake like they have a 375 in a ruger but it's a H&H. they will cost about 975$ (give or take a little) from what I know now. I will post on the site as soon as I know we have either model, but expect them to go fast. Some distributers might have the ammo now as it has been realsed by Hornady, we however do not have in yet. expect there to be a mad rush, then Hornady (bless them but they do this everytime) will not have any avaible for about a year, so get dies asap if you plan to own & shoot this rifle.
    steve

The ruger Hawkeye African is out. I saw (touched,fondled, drooled over)one at Boondocks in Eagle river about a month ago. I also put my hands on another one at great northern guns in Anchorage today. The first one was priced at $839 and the second one was priced at $899.

I have seen many topics about how to get dies by calling Hornady direct.

[Call hornady at 800-338-3220. order Dept

Ask for item # 546415

Price is $39.06 for the .375 Ruger reloading dies by Hornady.]

I also looked at a ruger hawkeye SS in 358 win $629 It was at GNG today also. I am thinking hard about that one..
    Last edited by RMiller; 03-21-2007 at 21:42. Reason: harmful links attach to post!!!!

What I've heard is that the first ones released were NOT stainless steel, but regular steel with the Dimond Ion coating which is supposed to elliminate corrosion. Ruger then decided to switch to a high grade stainless steel and that is why they have been recalled, so that the early models with don't exist.

Should be out VERY soon though.

The Anchorage Ducks Unlimited has a Ruger Hawkeye 375 Ruger to raffle off during their Spring Banquet on the 28th of April. Another good reason to go.

Default New Ruger in town....

There is a new Ruger Hawkeye in 375 Ruger in Fairbanks at Down Under Guns.

I think the price was $950, the wood wasn't as nice as mine but ok The one box of ammo was Hornady 300 grain RN and was $60.

My rifle will be for sale before long is you want one with broke-in barrel and a little experience behind it. Mine will be sold with 100 pieces of brass and lots of load data. I'll post in on the Swap and Sell when I'm ready to part with it.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?