Thread: Anyone trapping down Petersville Rd...

Default Anyone trapping down Petersville Rd...

between the bridge over moose creek and the gate creek subdivision? I own 35 acres around there and am thinking about putting a small line in on my property and some of the land around it and would like to talk to someone that traps out there to find out what works, what to expect and to make sure I wouldn't be setting up on top of/right next to someone if I wound up going off my property.

Supporting Member

Good on ya' for asking and checking. Most folks would probably just go ahead and set and then worry about it later. I'll ask the other folks in the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association and see if anyone knows of anybody trapping in the area you described.

Yes there are trappers out your way. You'll get along fine with them given the respect you have already shown your fellow trapper.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by spike9542003@yahoo.com View Post
    Good on ya' for asking and checking. Most folks would probably just go ahead and set and then worry about it later. I'll ask the other folks in the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association and see if anyone knows of anybody trapping in the area you described.
    Thanks for checking for me. I also replied to your pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Yes there are trappers out your way. You'll get along fine with them given the respect you have already shown your fellow trapper.
    I kinda figured there were. My father-in-law who originally staked the land said he had found a few marten traps in trees years and years ago but in his years out there had never seen the trapper and had never seen human tracks going to the sets in winter so he figured the person had left it or something else.

I figure finding the people that trap out there can do a couple things; ensure I don't set up on them and I can learn more about the area as far as populations and ideas for setups that might yield better results in that area.

Supporting Member

You have a great attitude going into it. I hope the other trappers up that way extend you the same amount of consideration and respect. Hopefully you'll find an area where the other folks will feel you are not stepping on anyone else's toes.