Thread: Perry Island, PWS for deer

Default Perry Island, PWS for deer

Does anyone have experience hunting on Perry Island? I've heard of some people having success but there are few details about where on the island? Good anchorages? Are there bears too? We're looking to go 2nd week on october. Any advise at all is appreciated. Thanks.

That is the a popular island to hunt out of the harbor,Not saying there are not bucks there,I have taken a few but there are islands a little farther that hold more bucks.I have never seen a bear track there but they do swim.Any of the coves are a safe place to harbor,just watch the oyster farm one,you can go to the end at high tide but when it goes out there will be a 8' water fall were the land gets skinny.Got stuck there more than once!!Well good luck,bring some good optics,hunt hard and hunt high!!

Yes there are bucks there, plus does and such. I had spot I hunted when I had my boat. Got deer every year but one I think, didn't hunt for them I think that one time-fall of 08. I will give you more info when closer to your hunt time. Not a good anchorage, but the deer are there, look back behind you where you came from when hiking, they will sometimes cross once you have passed. Seen the results, good buck taken at about 100yards that way. Steep, not much brush, easy walk up. Trails and little ponds as you go up. Plus every time I stopped there, always tracks on the beach, even in early august. Hiked up and over to one of the twin bays, no deer sign once I could see the next bay, they seemed to keep to the one part of island I found. Sure there are other areas they are in, just stuck to where I knew and it was a few miles from good anchorage, where it was good bear hunting.

You have any hunting spots up north, unit 13 or somewhere we could trade info, spent lots of time on the water in PWS.

Thanks for the info, would love to know the location. Wish I had something to trade up north but have never hunted up there. I have done several black bear hunts in kachamak bay and have been very successful. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Northroadman View Post
    Thanks for the info, would love to know the location.
    They hang out in the areas w/ southern exposure this time of year.

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    They hang out in the areas w/ southern exposure this time of year.
    That is what this area has. OP I will get you the info closer to your hunt time. For info up north, I would have gave you a ton of info on PWS. I found all my hunting spots just by exploring. Only hunted unit 13 back in 96 and 97. Tier 1, cow or bull w 6 points or less. Good times and was successfull. But as you know, some inside knowledge can't hurt!