Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godspeed bilbo! You are missed...

Default Godspeed bilbo! You are missed...

I have chatted with Bill Bogan (member "bilbo") through PM here on the forum a couple times and it was a privilege to have that interaction. He was a great guy who offered to help me unsolicited when he himself was fighting for his life. I hadn't heard from him in some time and started looking recently. I am sad to say that his passing went nearly unnoticed on the forum though I am sure his absence was felt.

He was a fine musician and a great man and I know his memory, like his music will live on.

"Rest in the Shade" my friend.

http://www.myspace.com/trustingheartaz

http://www.prescottaz.com/main.asp?S...04&TM=42451.74
    Last edited by LuJon; 09-22-2011 at 21:52.

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear of his death; he has been conspicuously absent. I'll be praying for his family...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

thats too bad, he sounded as he was one to know on putting up food, yes he will be missed
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

What a shame - he was looking forward to an elk hunt next month and was real excited to get in "one more hunt" with an old friend...
    RIP BILBO

Thx for the update LuJon...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I have often chatted with Bill, he lived about 25 miles from where I grew up and we knew a lot of the same people because we traveled in similar circles down there. I have been preoccupied with the usual Alaskan fall activates and am sad to say I his passing had gone unnoticed by me . . . I even had plans to look him up when I go down in November.

Bill you put up a good fight but now you can rest easy, you will be well missed my friend!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Your battle is over and the stage is empty. Rest in peace Bilbo our state has lost another great.

The Daily Courier, Prescott, Arizona
    Tuesday, June 13, 2011

Willard (Bill) Lloyd Bogan (1948 -2011), 63, of Spring Valley, Ariz., went to heaven on June 6, 2011, due to complications of cancer after a long and valiant battle.

Bill was born in Fresno, Calif., on Feb. 24, 1948, to Edward and Edith Bogan.

He was happily married to his self-described "sweetheart of his universe" Geneva Bogan for nearly 43 years.

Bill was widely known and loved nationwide both as a bluegrass musician and promoter. His band, "Bill Bogan and Trusting Heart," played at festivals all over the country over the past decade. He also promoted festivals both in the Northwest and the Southwest. Bill Bogan will always be known for his ability to paint a picture with the words of his songwriting. Bill served in the nuclear industry as a journeyman electrician and in supervisory positions for the majority of his working life. Bill's God-given talents gave him the ability to speak to people's hearts through song or one-on-one conversations. He never met a stranger.

Bill was a deeply faithful man, especially with his family, always with the covenants at heart influencing by example and unwavering courage. Bill lived his life respectful but fearless of men but respectful and loving of God, thereby giving him the strength in character, which defined his persona.

Bill was known as SUPERMAN to all those who knew and loved him. He was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Spring Valley, Ariz., ward. His focus on survival lead him to practice his love of hunting and fishing. He loved life and lived it to the fullest. He always said he had a responsibility to provide and to serve others. This simply was Bill Bogan's nature.

Bill Bogan is survived by his wife Geneva; daughter Cori; bulldog Belle; brother Otis; sisters, Nancy, Doris, Darlene and Shirley; and lifelong friends, Jerry Van Laningham and Art Leavitt.

He was preceded in death by his son Bret; his mother Edith; his father Edward; and mother-in-law Elizabeth.

Funeral services will be Wednesday, June 15, 2011, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Spring Valley, Ariz., 17330 East Mule Deer Drive, at 2 p.m. with a viewing at 12:30 p.m. Additional services will be at Exeter Cemetery in Exeter, Calif. on Friday, June 17, 2011, at 10 a.m. At the families request, in lieu of flowers, please donate to the American Cancer Society.

Hampton Funeral Home was entrusted with the arrangements.

Information provided by survivors.

I just ran across this... I did not know he was gone. For me he was one of those guys who came through our lives and didn't make a lot of waves. But he seemed to have a good heart and it was a privilege to have him here. I'm listening to some of his music as I write this, and am discovering him a little more (thanks LuJon for posting the links). I guess in that way he is still with us.

Seems like he was a good man. I wish the best for those he left behind.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default hit'm up after he's gone

I hope the forum mgmt doesn't see this as a mis-use of the add-reputation function (if so, delete this), but how about if everyone that feels the way this thread is going, go to the last thread that bilbo started, just earlier this year, and hit him up with some rep?

I'm not saying it'll do anyone any good. Though I'm pretty sure it'll do no one any harm. Type a message into your add-rep pop-up box, encouraging him on his next journey. Why not? I just did, myself.

He's currently got 3 green boxes under his name here on this forum. How about if we increase that?

Here is the last post he made that started a new thread here:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/93242-yugo-mauser-24-47...?p=881008&viewfull=1#post881008

Thumbs up Rep sent, bilbo.....

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    stalking, for sure. I don't understand why this thread has been allowed to go so far with OP's obvious intent to confront.
    if this turns south, is AOD aiding on the actions that will very likely result in some knots being put on someone's head?
    this has become waaaaayyyy to compulsive.
    a RECEIPT that is years old?
    get real!
    not a very prudent course of thought and action, for sure.

LINK
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

LINK
    Rep sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I put my feeble rep points in.

rep sent bilbo! always the voice of reason over in the shooting forums as well.

A friend who is unable to post and his family send their condolences.

LINK
    You use this as an opportunity/mechanism to take a shot at FamilyMan? You're better than that. Aren't you?

Vince was made aware of this thread, and has asked that his deepest condolences be passed along to Bilbo on behalf of himself and his Family. As many of you may know, Vince lost his Father recently, and during the time his Father was declining, Bilbo offered support, compassion, and understanding that helped Vince understand what his Father was facing.

It's a small World and Bilbo and Vince's Dad where being treated at the same clinic.

Condolences, and Happy Trails Bilbo. You were a wise, and compassionate gentleman.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    You use this as an opportunity/mechanism to take a shot at FamilyMan? You're better than that. Aren't you?
    I took it as an opportunity to recognize a Fine Man who was also a good judge of character.

I took it as an opportunity to recognize a Fine Man who was also a good judge of character.
    Dang, if I were you you, I'd just say I went too far and let it be. We all do that too often. Using the decedent by praising him and then picking a post where he attacked another forum member you don't like is pretty low and is not the best way to praise the person's memory, but just a way to use his death to your own goals. You do regret that, right? Second chance.

may each person praise and honor Bilbo in their own way... Rest In Peace sir, Rest in Peace

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    Dang, if I were you you, I'd just say I went too far and let it be. We all do that too often. Using the decedent by praising him and then picking a post where he attacked another forum member you don't like is pretty low and is not the best way to praise the person's memory, but just a way to use his death to your own goals. You do regret that, right? Second chance.
    If you care to devolve this thread, carry on.

I offered my condolences and respect.

Please do not tell me what to do, or say.

R.I.P. Bilbo.

Safe Travels, and I will miss our late night PM sessions concerning forbidden topics on this site. We may not have agreed on much, but you where a fine man who didn't pass judgement.

... I offered my condolences and respect.....
    Only in a way that was particularly designed to disparage another forum member. You may not admit it, but I assume you are better than that. We all make mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast