Thread: Anchor Action?

Default Anchor Action?

Anybody fished the Anchor River for steelhead lately? Last I heard was that the water was low but some fish were being taken down low on the incoming tides. I'm stuck on the slope until next week and just itchin to get down there.

fishing has been slow and the water level blew up this week.

We did all right swinging flies down there a couple weeks ago, caught some nice steel and coho. If that sucks must be real fun on a good year.

Funny watching all the "fly fishermen" with beads and bobbers down there swearing that is the only way to catch steel and the swing is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat AV View Post
    We did all right swinging flies down there a couple weeks ago, caught some nice steel and coho. If that sucks must be real fun on a good year.

Funny watching all the "fly fishermen" with beads and bobbers down there swearing that is the only way to catch steel and the swing is a waste of time.
    You definitely want to have both while fishing down there. I have had epic days on both. I also see a lot of people lining steelhead down there. They think they are swinging and they are really lining them. I am not directing this at anyone, it is just a general comment. Both are effective and they both have their time and place. If one isn't working you can bet the other is...

Quote Originally Posted by Slayintrout View Post
    You definitely want to have both while fishing down there. I have had epic days on both. I also see a lot of people lining steelhead down there. They think they are swinging and they are really lining them. I am not directing this at anyone, it is just a general comment. Both are effective and they both have their time and place. If one isn't working you can bet the other is...
    Couldn't agree more. Caught them on both beads and flies. **** yarnies work too!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Ya yarn is great down there. My dad has been catching steelies on the KP for over 20 years on a simpl yarn fly.

Default KP Steelhead

I have to admit it is slow as molasses now. I caught a few pinks and dollies but that is a long way to go when you drive a truck and spend $150 on fuel. The silvers and steel are tough right now on KP streams.

There is nothing less predictable than what a steelhead might take.