Thread: Product Review: Grace Eco Extreme Waterproof Speaker Case

Default Product Review: Grace Eco Extreme Waterproof Speaker Case

There are certain pieces of equipment that you purchase that really are worth sharing. This piece of equipment falls into that category. The speaker box floats, is waterproof, and has storage for valuables (fishing license, keys, etc...) plus plays music at a pleasant volume and has long battery life. Check it out if you are in the market for a waterproof speaker for float trips.

So far, it has exceeded all expectations. One set of batteries covered a week on the Alagnak. Another set of batteries covered 11 days on the Kenai. Great product that I highly recommend.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Already have mine ordered.

It was an impressive piece of equipment.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Personally--- I really LOVE the way water sounds moving over rocks!!! This is the reason I pay air taxi's so much to get me there??? How do you hear the bear with tunes going on??

Quote Originally Posted by goeaux View Post
    Personally--- I really LOVE the way water sounds moving over rocks!!! This is the reason I pay air taxi's so much to get me there??? How do you hear the bear with tunes going on??
    I love the sounds of the water and the wind blowing the gulls backwards as much as the next guy...However, sometimes when the Sun is shining, the fish are biting, and good times are being had, a lil' Jimmy Buffett or Neville Brothers, is the cherry on top....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

As Hippie said....a little music on the right day can be that cherry on top....

Bob Segar and The Silver Bullet Band...Turn The Page...
    ....sometimes a little Bluegrass seems to work....
    Alison Krauss....(I'm) The Lucky One....
    And any old 1976+- Eagles....

Not everyday, not even often, but occasionally some tunes while on the river are right..................AlaskaTrueAdventure/Dennis

Ran the canyon on Kukaklek/Alagnak this Summer, been through it enough so that I was able to program a disco playlist on my Ipod to match the run....

...Nothing like hitting the Big Chute with "Stayin' Alive" from the Bee Gee's as a soundtrack...

<grin>

urggggg......(gurgle, choke)
    disco....<grin>
    I think I just swallowed a big bug, maybe a bird......

If you don't want tunes, don't buy one.

Personally, I enjoy a bit of music from time to time. The review is for folks like me who occasionally enjoy music while floating.

I have to admit that Hippie's "Canyon Playlist" started with an inside joke....that made me chuckle for quite some time.

Dennis, Hippie is serious about his disco fascination. Judging from your music selection, we'd get along just fine on a float.

Watching a group of CEO's dancing around to "Copacabana" (and singing off key) really adds a nice touch to a float trip.

I thought Gloria Gaynor was a nice touch as well......

Dammit, how do I use the ignore function....

The Backseat Boys really threw us all for a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post

Bob Segar and The Silver Bullet Band...Turn The Page...
    ....sometimes a little Bluegrass seems to work....
    Alison Krauss....(I'm) The Lucky One....
    And any old 1976+- Eagles....

We really should have a few beers sometime.

Thanks for the thread Phish. Just ordered mine on Amazon ($42). As said, there is a time and place for such a device. Late night liquor buzz on a gravel bar with a fast burning alder fire. Yep, I can see the utility.

O.K. , yep I love good tunes myself, being from New Orleans, Just made a deal with myself back in the early 80's when I looked at that walkman, and said, to Goo, "you really do have the music in your head"-- so I left the "device" at home for some reason, the BOSS, JERRY LEE, TALKING HEADS, OTIS, SRV, ect. never sounded so good as I lay in my tent and the river kept rolling by!!
    to each their own-- must just be old school--
    I know times have changed, but I still cook on wood fires and use down sleeping bags, old habits die hard!! Its only my perspective. And good luck with your waterproof speakers. Hell I still shoot a F-3 NIKON and .30 belted newton..
    Goo

""So far, it has exceeded all expectations. One set of batteries covered a week on the Alagnak. Another set of batteries covered 11 days on the Kenai. Great product that I highly recommend."

So if I understand right the batteries in this box is powering the speaker. It seems to me that if one listened to music very much you would need a way to recharge the Ipod. Mine will play 8-12 hrs. So looking into that, anyone use one of the new solar chargers for Iphone/Ipods?iPod Solar Charger2.jpg

There are several solutions to the problem you present, PD. The easiest is a Duracell recharger pack that will recharge the Ipod 4 times on a charge. It's about $20 here. That will have you up and running.

Goo, I know what you mean about enjoying the tranquility. Sometimes, a bit of tunes really sweetens the deal IMHO. For those times, this product is the best I have found and I've tried several.

Thanks man I have never seen that before. Boy I wish they would stop making things that I just have to have.
    When I do get out to enjoy Alaska I love to just hear the natural sounds around me.So much of the time anymore it's likely to be someone yelling at their dog or child that doesn't listen or a boat/plane/wheeler/ truck so in that case let there be music to my ears.
    In a remote wilderness trip I could see where at the right times it would be a great luxury.

Hey Mate, I was out order with my post. Guess I have had too many trips as a professional guide with clients that don't have a clue of the magic of Alaska. Just took me back to a group I once had one the Kobuk river that showed up with a BOOM BOX, and scared the caribou away.

Trust me I am with you on fun trips, please excuse my rude comment. As we say in New Orleans "LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULEZ" --let the good times roll!!! Guess I need to grow up and check it all out myself. Music makes the world a better place!!

thanks for the tip-
    Sincerely,
    Goo

Goo, you sir are a genuine class act.

I always give our clients the choice if they want music on the float or not. To my surprise this year the two oldest gents in our group (brothers from Macon Georgia), discovered my collection of Allman Brothers and Buffett....We usually rotate guests amongst the rafts/guides, these two good old boys made themselves ta' home in my raft for 7 days!

They had the trip of a lifetime.

Joie de Vivre, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    urggggg......(gurgle, choke)
    disco....<grin>
    I think I just swallowed a big bug, maybe a bird......
    Maybe a Funky Chicken?

Goo, I didn't take it personally at all. No reason to retract your post as I agree with your perspective during the bulk of time spent floating.
    I'd definately like to hear your take about the Kobuk as that trip is one I would love to do.

I spent a bit of my youth bouncing through Nawlins. Let the good times roll!

Jamie