Thread: Pheasant Hunt: Fund Raiser: Sept. 24 & 25

Default Pheasant Hunt: Fund Raiser: Sept. 24 & 25

There will be a pheasant shoot this weekend. Come and join fun with the Arctic Bird Dog Association and the Ruffed Grouse Society (Under Broken Wing program) fundraiser this weekend September 24th, Saturday & September 25th, Sunday at the Falcon Ridge Farm in the Point McKenzie Ag-Area.

The event is south of Wasilla off the Knik Goose Bay Road and west off the Pt. McKenzie Road and follow the signs to the road that goes to Carpenter Lake.

Pheasants are available with reservations at Falcon Ridge. Call Derek at 440-0790 for reservations or directions.

Lunch will be available. Price is $30.00 per bird.

This has always been a fun event raising money for a program that introduces young people with serious disadvantages to hunting-shooting.

Bird dogs, both pointing & flushing dogs will be available with their owners or bring your own dog. This is an easy way to introduce friends and youngsters to game birds and bird dogs.

It is a good way to get your dog tuned up for the real deal too.

Come and join us! The Falcon Ridge is great!!

Just wanted to add to this. Fun day and great time with great people. This was my first time and I had a blast and broke in a new shotgun. How cool is that. Jeff

We had a great time too -- wife shot her first flying bird, and Max had a couple very staunch points -- not to mention the drive down the Parks Hwy was gorgeous.
    2011 09 24 (42).jpg

Kyle & Jeff,

So glad you had fun. That makes all the work for us worth it. What a beautiful 2-days! I'll pass your kind words on. (I was the guy with the bozo foot cooking hamburgers and helping.) I had a blast too, and my dog got to see and sniff birds and meet another french britt the same age. REALLY cool! Gary's place is great!!