Thread: Looking for dog help

Default Looking for dog help

I have to leave the state from Oct 20 to Nov 7 on emergency family business, and am having a hard time finding a reasonable place to keep my Yellow lab kodiak while gone. Traveling to the south is hard on him flying that far , is there anybody out there that might have a good reccomendation, I would even consider a private home of a fellow hunter if need be. He is 10 years old +10 with children, great manners, doesn't fight with other dogs, been my hunting companion since a puppy. Need some help will be in the anchorage area on the 18-19 of Oct then back Nov 8 before heading back to Adak. ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated as living in the bush does not give me much access to quality options.

Is that a picture of your dog....nice looking dog

I am in Fairbanks but would more then welcome to help ya out...

Default my dog

yes that is Kodiak , a pic from last week

King, looks like I can't send you a pm, will go to your site and try and send email. Bud

Looks like I can't find a email for you, pls e mail me at budbassc21@yahoo.com or welcome to call 373 6208
    Wasilla

Hey King

In FAI, but if you still need help let me know. He can join my other two for a few days. They would love it.

Eric email is hoodedmerg@alaska.net

King:

Have you checked with Wetland Retreivers in Palmer. They have a website that you can check out as well. They board dogs for a reasonable price and it is not your typical boarding. They have a run area, companion of other dogs and the owner is a lab lover. Also trains for you if you want but sounds like you old guy already knows the ropes and might teach the young pups a thing or two.

I will ask the boss and if ok with her will get back with you on him bunking with us. We are in Anchorage area (Eagle River to be specific) I am sure my not so little girl (90 lbs ...ha) would love to have him around.

Hope this helps

Plus one for wetland retrievers. I don't know anything about rates, but it's a real nice facility, and the owner is very personable and good with dogs.

Wetland I believe is $18 dollars. do not quote me on that but I am reasonably sure that is the price. Must have the kennel cough shot and proof of shots to get in. This old timer would do fine there. Have you found a place or decided what to do. Give me a shout through PM if you want to talk about a place. By the way Great shot of him -- looks like a great dog. I love retreivers!!!