Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost friend!!

Default lost friend!!

Ok I putting this out there for any help.
    A friend of mine went on a hunting trip with some of his friends. As far as I know they put in on the Yukon then to the Porcupine and then to Sheenjik river(spelling). thats all i know so far. Thursday my buddy called his wife and told her they are heading back via sat phone. This morning two of the four hunters made it to fish and game and gave coridinates of the last place that they left my friend and another hunter. I guess they left them on Sunday, the two hunters still in the woods have sleeping bags and a gun and some meat from what they harvasted. Today sometime troopers or someone started searching via blackhawk. If anyone is in the area or even knows the area a little keep an eye out for these two men.
    Again anyone up there please help these men out!
    I will keep this updated whenever I get an update thankyou!!!
    Jason

All the info that I have given has been second hand info. this is all I know about when and where thy are.
    Again Thankyou
    Jason

A Sat phone and a GPS should have been a quick rescue! Were all 4 of them in the same Boat? I hope they are sitting around a campfire, eating "Moose on a stick", and waiting for their plane ride home! Scary stuff.

From what I understand they had two boats a sat phone and GPS. Im thinking something happened on the way back boats took on water or something sat phone didnt work or whatever. but six days and only two back to the fish and game camp is not good. I hope they are ok and in good health. If I could I would head up there and Search myself but I dont know the area and from what I understand its a long ways out from wasilla.

The story is on ADN. We are praying for their safe return.
    Thanks again
    Jason

Positive thoughts and best wishes to all involved, hopefully this is nothing more than an unplanned delay.

This is crazy, I am not sure why they separated but I hope they are all found ok. As a guy who normally hunts alone in AK I find these missing person reports very concerning. Guys we all need to be careful.

I would call wright air and let them know. I know they use the strip at last lake and believe they fly that area on a regular basis so hopefully they will be able to help keep a look out.

Wright air! Thankyou Lujon I am praying they find these two hunters and brothers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    The story is on ADN. We are praying for their safe return.
    Thanks again
    Jason
    Here's the link for those interested. Praying for a swift and speedy return. Sounds like they're decently equipped and uninjured, so hopefully its just a waiting game until they're found.

http://www.adn.com/2011/09/22/208325...o-missing.html

Hi Jason, I'm a good friend of Tina, grew up together. I just learned of Chris and hunting party's misshap. Tina is fr***led right now, so if you hear of any news please let me know, thanks!
    Curt

My wife knows his wife......just found out he's okay he got to a sat phone, as of 1800 hours today (Thurs. )

After reading this thread and the ADN story, I'm left wondering why the remaining boat didn't turn around after offloading gear and go back to pick up the remaining hunters. No judgement, just curious.

Update: Tina the wife talked to Chris via sat phone( just got working or just found I'm not sure). Chris is tired and hungry. Chris is going to start a big fire so the black hawks can find him. This was a scary scary experience for the family and friends all involved.
    Thanks again
    Jason

Good news.

FINALLY a story with a happy ending!

I'd say that's good news!

That IS good news!

Excellent, so nice to hear of a happy ending !

Well they picked my buddy and his partner up last night. Today troopers took him back out there to retrieve all he can from the boat wreckage. I can't wait till he gets home, that is a story I would like to hear!
    Anyways thanks everyone from your help and concerns!
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast