Thread: Electric Bear Fence

Default Electric Bear Fence

Hi Folks,

I'll be heading to Kodiak for a mountain goat hunt in mid October. Would anyone be interested in loaning/renting an electric bear fence they won’t be using? Payment would be in the form of cash; or if you're willing to loan it to me I would be happy to share some blacktail back strap or mountain goat back strap (optimistically speaking ) with you. As should be with anything borrowed, I would take full responsibility of replacing anything damaged while in my care. Feel free to PM if you can help. Thanks!

Well I dont have an electric fence but a few years back the crew that I went with to kodiak for a goat hunt rented one from Wiggies by old seward and diamond and we used it around our base camp. I can attest it does work we had bear tracks all around the fence and didnt find any sleeping in the tent when we returned.... He probly figured out how to turn it off....lol

good luck on the hunt and good luck on the weather

Quote Originally Posted by AKfowler View Post
    Hi Folks,

I'll be heading to Kodiak for a mountain goat hunt in mid October. Would anyone be interested in loaning/renting an electric bear fence they won’t be using? Payment would be in the form of cash; or if you're willing to loan it to me I would be happy to share some blacktail back strap or mountain goat back strap (optimistically speaking ) with you. As should be with anything borrowed, I would take full responsibility of replacing anything damaged while in my care. Feel free to PM if you can help. Thanks!
    They are very easy and economical to fashion yourself. A roll of wire and a battery operated fence charger will put you in business--add a few zp ties and some tent poles for stakes and you'll even look professional! I've a friend that put one together for considerably less than $100. I can't testify to its effectiveness as I've not seen a bear touch it, but we used it for a week in heavily populated bear country with nary a problem.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I was just up south of the National Park and had a fence put up. Got all the supplied for less than $100 in Kansas and shipped it up. Glad I did. One night something hit it. It was LOUD and BIG.

if your useing a air taxi some of them have bear fences for rent

All great suggestions, thanks for the feedback!

Fence Emporium in Palmer is the best deal if you buy one. Keenan will build you whatever size you want. Great guy as well.