Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing guide license

Default Fishing guide license

I find it interesting that the State of Alaska will give anyone with an Alaska sport fishing license a guide license if they have met the Coast Guard reqirements. I know it seems simple enough but guides with years of violations continue to get a guide licence until the courts take their sport fishing license. That is the only way Fish and game would deny the guide license. That makes no sense to me. Here is a great example, look up the case number 3PA-11-02372CR. He will get a guide license again next year if the judge does not take his sport fish license this time. After calling FandG, the troopers and the D.A. in Palmer I got the same response. Write a letter to the D.A. with your concerns or coments. So I did. If you have an opinion you would like to share here is the address.

District Attorney
    Palmer State Office Building
    515 E. Dahlia street, suite 150
    Palmer, alaska 99645

You must include the violators name in your letter and yours at the bottom.

Bill Booth

You don't even need a Coast Guard license to get a guide license.
    Only a fishing license and first aid qualifies you for a guide license.
    They will give one to anyone who has these.
    Having a CG license just allows you to guide from a boat.
    You do not need a guide license to do drop offs either.
    So either way, this person will still have the rights to do drop offs if the guide license is revoked.
    Sad but true.

That is not the case on the little Su. State Parks will not give you a commercial permit to water taxi without the cost guard license.

Bill

You can water taxi without a guide license if I recall the rules correctly.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by wbooth View Post
    That is not the case on the little Su. State Parks will not give you a commercial permit to water taxi without the cost guard license.

Bill
    We are talking about guide licenses, not CG licenses.
    You want this guys guide license revoked and I was stating that he can still do drop offs without it.

You actually don't need a USCG license to guide from a boat ie- driftboat. Just need one if the boat has a motor. Now back to the Guide license, there are a **** ton of violaters that get to continue rapeing the resources of this state. Not all guides but a lot of them come from other places ( ie-wa,or,ca, Europe,etc)where they have all ready over fished their rivers and all they want to do is make money working for poacher lodges. Seen it, its ugly, I was the bad guy because I live here and give a ****. Anyways if you care write a letter, I am.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    You actually don't need a USCG license to guide from a boat ie- driftboat. Just need one if the boat has a motor.
    You are correct, I was not aware of the exact rule. By definition with exclusions a guide is a person that provides sport fishing guide services. state statute 16.40.299 (1)(2). Also the state requirements (http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...portfishguides) for guides. Since this is an example of someone that does not operate a drift charter it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    You actually don't need a USCG license to guide from a boat ie- driftboat. Just need one if the boat has a motor. Now back to the Guide license, there are a **** ton of violaters that get to continue rapeing the resources of this state. Not all guides but a lot of them come from other places ( ie-wa,or,ca, Europe,etc)where they have all ready over fished their rivers and all they want to do is make money working for poacher lodges. Seen it, its ugly, I was the bad guy because I live here and give a ****. Anyways if you care write a letter, I am.

Be very carefull walking this line..............because what is ok on one river is not on anther. And yes you are right on some rivers, others it will get you nabbed. Also your statement about "a lot of guides coming from out of state", is inaccurate, unless 20% or less is a lot to you????????? And even this is a sticky situation because some people will claim they are a resident and not actually be a legal resident...............as for that guy they should keep his boat too!

While I totally hear ya on this, Bill, we gotta remember that trial has not been held yet. Until then, no violation has occurred; in the US we're supposedly innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    While I totally hear ya on this, Bill, we gotta remember that trial has not been held yet. Until then, no violation has occurred; in the US we're supposedly innocent until proven guilty.
    What a bunch of BS. This is just another example of a flawed court system. There shouldn't even be a trial. What a waste of tax payer money. Rant over....

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    Be very carefull walking this line..............because what is ok on one river is not on anther. And yes you are right on some rivers, others it will get you nabbed. Also your statement about "a lot of guides coming from out of state", is inaccurate, unless 20% or less is a lot to you????????? And even this is a sticky situation because some people will claim they are a resident and not actually be a legal resident...............as for that guy they should keep his boat too!
    I was speaking specifically about poaching fish and that alot not all poaching guides come from else where. Read clearly the words I wrote, not just fragments. I only speak of things I have seen with my own eyes.

Piscor Ergo Sum

I know a lot of out of state guides. If they only make up 20% then I'm utterly shocked.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    your statement about "a lot of guides coming from out of state", is inaccurate, unless 20&#37; or less is a lot to you????????? And even this is a sticky situation because some people will claim they are a resident and not actually be a legal resident.
    Is the 20% figure statewide or just Kenai?

Tried to look this up could not find any help here on how to get this case info on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post
    Is the 20&#37; figure statewide or just Kenai?
    good point I was talking Kenai............state wide I am not to sure.

If you are trying to keep up, his trial date was just pushed back to December 9th.

Sounds like you have a vendetta against this man.
    I have never had the pleasure of running into him, or maybe I have and ignored him.
    I guess I should be thankful for that by what everyone says.

He is a real piece of work, let me tell ya.....

No vendetta just a victims rights advocate. Everyone who fishes the Valley is a victim. Again just look up is past violations. He trashes the resource. Remember I never said throw him jail just take his sport fishing licence. Enough is enough.

Bill Booth

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast