Thread: Kenai starting to flood again

Default Kenai starting to flood again

Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

well here goes my oct...........................

Hmm...thats a bummer. Was hoping to give it a go.

Graph from my fishHead app

Default Still fishing very well

Guys, the river is high but very fishable with very good visibilty and no debri or logs to speak of. Just remember your lines with the bigger water. We fished the river at 13k+ and still slayed them. The river should drop quickly as this weather out of Seward subsides. With the colder mountain temps, she will drop fast and be in geat shape for the weekend. Cheers!

Thanks. It'd be a first for me so I'm just looking for less water. Didn't mean to imply you can't catch fish. But can't wait to give it a go sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai Cache Outfitters View Post
    Guys, the river is high but very fishable with very good visibilty and no debri or logs to speak of. Just remember your lines with the bigger water. We fished the river at 13k+ and still slayed them. The river should drop quickly as this weather out of Seward subsides. With the colder mountain temps, she will drop fast and be in geat shape for the weekend. Cheers!
    Thanks for the update! We will be down there Saturday morning, should be a good time!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai Cache Outfitters View Post

Not to call you a lair but the water level has been holding "a little" high for a while now, for me I want it down.....way down, like 8-9 ft in the middle. I know water levels are different in other parts of the water but with the water up the fish have more room to hide or what not. I really hope it does come down by next week at the very least.

I am coming south come Hell or High Water....haha

Putting down the shotgun for a flyrod and hopefully for a trout?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Kenai Cache is correct, the water remains clear and fishable, even with the high water. Just adjust some things, and you will catch fish!

You guys are all saying it's fishable still with the high water, are you folks all fishing from a boat, or are there still opportunities to bank fish? Where might a guy walk in for some action with the high water? I was considering a trip this weekend, but thought it would be a bust for wade fishing. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by akfshklr View Post
    You guys are all saying it's fishable still with the high water, are you folks all fishing from a boat, or are there still opportunities to bank fish? Where might a guy walk in for some action with the high water? I was considering a trip this weekend, but thought it would be a bust for wade fishing. Thanks in advance.
    Depending on how high it gets you can walk in from the RR camp ground and hike down. Ive done it a few times already with the water being high like it is. When the water was up around 13 or so the confluence was blown out and it made it hard to cross. Water was about waist deep or a little higher in areas. The benefit was that all the silvers were stacked up right off the stairs and were very easy to sight cast to. We caught a few and had a good time.

You can also rent a kayak from rei for 25 bucks if your a member and that will get you on the water.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

The Russian has been fishing well for the last several days. The water level is at what normally typical " early" summer highs. Walked in today and had non stop action on 8mms in natural colors...FYI...The glut from the over abundance of spawners appears to have passed...a great wading option as the spawn continues.

Thanks guys......might check it out. Looks like it is on the downturn anyhow, so maybe see you guys on the water.

So despite the high water, the Russian is still good to fish, and some opportunities on the Kenai as well. Any word on Ptarmigan creek or any of the others down that way?