View Poll Results: Why do you have a Suppressor?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunting

3 5.36%
  • Training

4 7.14%
  • Collecting

1 1.79%
  • SHTF

4 7.14%
  • Someday I'd Like One

27 48.21%
  • Don't Want One

17 30.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Alaskans like Cans?

Default Do Alaskans like Cans?

How many of you have suppressors & why?

Post pictures!

So far we have run Thunderbeasts, Gemtechs, AACs, Surefires and DTAs (just arrived) out of here. I shoot a 1st generation Thunderbeast 30 on both 6.5 and 30 and it is more than quiet. Each can of course has its own advantages and disadvantages. I use it because I like to shoot and be polite

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I use it because I like to shoot and be polite
    Ah the courtesy factor, should've added that to the poll.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I am still waiting on the stamp for my Liberty Freedom (140 days and counting) and am excited to try it out. My idea was for a very quiet, low recoil rifle that could do double duty as a varmint / medium game gun that the entire family could shoot without hearing protection. I have a custom Remington Model 7 chambered in 300 BLK leaning against the wall ready to have the suppressor screwed onto its barrel....
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

What's the current political climate and attitude and fees to get one in Anchorage? Do you still have to get probed by APD and pay their additional fees?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    What's the current political climate and attitude and fees to get one in Anchorage? Do you still have to get probed by APD and pay their additional fees?
    Yeah… you will need to bring your own ball-gag, latex suit, spanking paddle, K-Y, Chains, hand-cuffs, Passport Photos ($35) APD application and a check for $150.

Or, you could go the trust route and skip all of that… which is EXACTLY what I will be doing the next time I purchase an NFA item!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Yeah… you will need to bring your own ball-gag, latex suit, spanking paddle, K-Y, Chains, hand-cuffs, Passport Photos ($35) APD application and a check for $150.

Or, you could go the trust route and skip all of that… which is EXACTLY what I will be doing the next time I purchase an NFA item!
    Yup, trust or LLC is the simplest way to go about it.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Of all the critters I've killed, not one has complained about how loud my guns are. When at the range, I expect guns to be loud.

Quote Originally Posted by kjsl105 View Post
    Yup, trust or LLC is the simplest way to go about it.
    We have worked with an atty to devise a real (meaning actual estate planning/asset protection) trust that is usable with NFA stuff. Got one sitting down at BATF now. For the $200 you pay the atty, its well worth it.

We have worked with an atty to devise a real (meaning actual estate planning/asset protection) trust that is usable with NFA stuff. Got one sitting down at BATF now. For the $200 you pay the atty, its well worth it.
    $200 would be way worth it, but I was unable to find any in Anchorage that knew what the heck an NFA item was... Personaly I was planning on doing a Quicken trust and insterting my own NFA Language.

Are you willing to provide contact information for your Atty?

$200 would be way worth it, but I was unable to find any in Anchorage that knew what the heck an NFA item was... Personaly I was planning on doing a Quicken trust and insterting my own NFA Language.

Are you willing to provide contact information for your Atty?
    True, lowest I've heard of was about $500.

Quote Originally Posted by kjsl105 View Post
    True, lowest I've heard of was about $500.
    As soon as this particular Trust gets approved, I will post the name and phone number of the attorney

As soon as this particular Trust gets approved, I will post the name and phone number of the attorney
    Ha! I will look forward to hearing back from you sometime between now and April of 2012 then...

Looking at getting one in the future.
    Now what ?

Me first, me first....

Me second

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Anyone actually pursue the "made in Alaska" exemption?

Sounds like a plan. Looks like your attorney is gonna get some business out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Anyone actually pursue the "made in Alaska" exemption?
    LuJon, I am unaware of any made in Alaska "exemption"... If you plan to build a suppressor your self, then you submit it to BATF on a Form 1 along with your $200 for the tax stamp. If you plan to buy a suppressor, then you submit a Form 4 with your $200 tax stamp. Both will require either a CLEO sign off and background check along with photo's and fingerprints, or a Trust.

Maybe you are talking about being an SOT FFL, in which case, you could become a "manufacture of Class II Items" and you would not have to pay the $200 tax on each one, however you WILL have to pay the appropriate SOT tax.

LuJon, I am unaware of any made in Alaska "exemption"... If you plan to build a suppressor your self, then you submit it to BATF on a Form 1 along with your $200 for the tax stamp. If you plan to buy a suppressor, then you submit a Form 4 with your $200 tax stamp. Both will require either a CLEO sign off and background check along with photo's and fingerprints, or a Trust.

Maybe you are talking about being an SOT FFL, in which case, you could become a "manufacture of Class II Items" and you would not have to pay the $200 tax on each one, however you WILL have to pay the appropriate SOT tax.
    I believe JuJon is referring to the fact that items not made for interstate commerce cannot be regulated by the federal government. Montana and a few other states were planning on dropping the FFL requirement for guns made in that state for sale in that state. Not sure if they ever went beyond advertising it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast