Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure is nice....No hunters

Default Sure is nice....No hunters

No more road hunters for another year! No more rude inconsiderate tresspassers for another year! No more scumbag liter bugs for another year! No more road signs getting blasted or incoming around my house for another year.....

It should be law "NO" road hunting, no hunting within 100 yards of any paved or maintained road. NO hunting within a mile of a home or private structure.

This years seems to be the worst around my neck of the woods. These idiots give the real hunter/sportsman a really bad name.

Out of town property owners take it in the butt. We pay property taxes that benifit the city dweller all year, then they come poop on us come hunting season.

OK!! now that that's out of the way!!

Wow, this sounds like a thread about dip netters. This could be juicy.

You must have bought a cabin and a super cub!!lol

I want the 2 and half minutes I spent reading that back...

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    2 and half minutes???lol

Quote Originally Posted by FullFreezer View Post
    2 and half minutes???lol
    Lmfao

-akiceman25
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Did you read it four times? It was a good point that he made, but not good enough to read four times...
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by aksalcha View Post
    No more road hunters for another year! No more rude inconsiderate tresspassers for another year! No more scumbag liter bugs for another year! No more road signs getting blasted or incoming around my house for another year.....

It should be law "NO" road hunting, no hunting within 100 yards of any paved or maintained road. NO hunting within a mile of a home or private structure.

This years seems to be the worst around my neck of the woods. These idiots give the real hunter/sportsman a really bad name.

Out of town property owners take it in the butt. We pay property taxes that benifit the city dweller all year, then they come poop on us come hunting season.

So it's only "city dwellers" that trespass?
    So it's only "city dwellers" that shoot road signs?
    So it's only "city dwellers" that road hunt?
    So it's only "city dwellers" that litter?

a bit presumtuous don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by aksalcha View Post

100 yards of a paved or maintained road...that would be tough to figure out. How do you judge the 100 yards? GPS like the Dalton Corridor? Step it off and hope you are 100 yards off the road?

Also, will every house/private structure be placed on a map so I, the average hunter, know where they are? Will the mile radius be marked off on the map? Will there be any hunting ground left after this?

I get your point, but I hope you see others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post

I would be willing to bet that the ones carrying the little orange shovels for poop burial are city dwellers.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Not worth it - post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ak_hunter7616 View Post
    100 yards of a paved or maintained road...that would be tough to figure out. How do you judge the 100 yards? GPS like the Dalton Corridor? Step it off and hope you are 100 yards off the road?

Also, will every house/private structure be placed on a map so I, the average hunter, know where they are? Will the mile radius be marked off on the map? Will there be any hunting ground left after this?

Funny this was brought up but out my way on eielson farm road we have moose come threw every once in a while & some times get lucky & nab a bull close to home. well opening morning I was over at the inlaws (next door) watching for moose and we keep seeing road hunters drive slowly down the road ( the whole way down either side of the farm road is private property-sign at start of road says this & no hunting with out permission) then one truck stops next to my inlaws field parks, the guy gets out walks by within 4 feed of a (no hunting sign) & starts to glass over my inlaws field, rifle across his back.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Funny this was brought up but out my way on eielson farm road we have moose come threw every once in a while & some times get lucky & nab a bull close to home. well opening morning I was over at the inlaws (next door) watching for moose and we keep seeing road hunters drive slowly down the road ( the whole way down either side of the farm road is private property-sign at start of road says this & no hunting with out permission) then one truck stops next to my inlaws field parks, the guy gets out walks by within 4 feed of a (no hunting sign) & starts to glass over my inlaws field, rifle across his back.
    I guess you need to put up some "No Glassing" signs.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_hunter7616 View Post

I've lived and worked in States that had laws just like what is described above. The "average hunters" in those places seemed to have no trouble determining and dealing with such things. Or perhaps my perception was incorrect and they were all actually "above average" hunters.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post

So, this begs the question; was this guy an illiterate, lawless, and disrespectful "city dweller", or an illiterate, lawless, disprectful "country dweller"??
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    So, this begs the question; was this guy an illiterate, lawless, and disrespectful "city dweler", or an illiterate, lawless, disprectful "country dweller"??
    whats the season & quota for each?

whats the season & quota for each?
    I think by process of elimination, they would both fall under the classification of:
    "Unclassified Game"; "Feral Swine"; "Units 1-26 No limit...............No closed season"

And with that in mind, I suggest it's always also a good idea to "remember that it is against the law to leave any carcasses or entrails on a highway or the right-of-way."
    #Resist

2 and half minutes???lol
    I'm a slow reader and an even slower comprehender...

I'd have to say, there's still time to hunt, so why are you already bickering?(When I say still time to hunt I don't mean moose)
    Get your @$$ out there and enjoy the end of fall. You shouldn't be looking for a fight on here with a post like this. It's crying "I'm bored and need attention."

That stated, I will agree with you. there should be laws against hunting near such places. Coming from PA, the rule is 150 yards from homes and roads. I belive this to be a good plan, because it's easy to judge 150 yards. One mile is assanine. I'm not going to GPS my spot away from a house when a game animal is in sight. Yes, it should be regulated for bait stations, because its planned. Harvesting is not planned, persay. It is spuratic.

So, I agree with your point, but disagree with your conclusion. 150 yards is my conclusion, from both.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I think by process of elimination, they would both fall under the classification of:
    "Unclassified Game"; "Feral Swine"; "Units 1-26 No limit...............No closed season"

And with that in mind, I suggest it's always also a good idea to "remember that it is against the law to leave any carcasses or entrails on a highway or the right-of-way."

omg thats funny. thanks for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast