Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Hunting pics

Default 2011 Hunting pics

I tried a new area for sheep - lot's of sub-legals - won't be going back there.

I tried hard to fill my Denali Hwy caribou tag (DC 483). It turns out I spent most of my time in a cow/calf area with essentially no good bulls. On the 19th I found a new area containing some bulls.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

more photos

few more pics

pics again

Final pics with my #1 hunting buddy.

Nice looking caribou. Please PM me the location of your sheep area (since you won't be headed back there). Thanks.

Congrats on a gorgeous caribou sir!!! Love the fact you take your lab along on all your adventures.

Well if you aren't going back there for sheep....perhaps in 2 years you can give me a heads up on where that is

Congrats on a successful season thus far.

Default Excellent

Good showing! Thats some solid effort you put out there for sure.

Nice Bou to show for it. I suspect you'll be looking at one of those rams up close someday.

Very nice caribou - cool sheep pics too! Congrats...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Beautiful looking animal, the caribu is nice as well.

Thanks.

I get lots of comments on my 4 legged hunting partner when folks see her riding on the back of my wheeler and while out big game hunting. Shes done it all

awesom pics,
    no hunting for me this year, but next year them bou better watch out....!
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Nice looking caribou. Please PM me the location of your sheep area (since you won't be headed back there). Thanks.
    Ha! You beat me to it. An area with lots of sub-legal rams is exactly the kind of spot I want for the next few years.

Nice caribou!! My lab/mutt goes everywhere with me too, even fly in fishing...congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Ha! You beat me to it. An area with lots of sub-legal rams is exactly the kind of spot I want for the next few years.
    Great minds think alike. I was going to post something similar to you and Chisana.

I'm thinking this sheep area receives enough pressure that you had better be there opening morning to get your ram. I also suspect you'd be looking him over very hard to determine if he's barely legal or not. I also doubt you'd ever see a "good ram" in the area due to the hunting pressure. Not my kind of sheep hunting. Finally, I spoke with the trooper and he said the area has been "shot out" for 10 years or more. He said he's surprised that so many sheep hunters show up every August. He knew of 3 rams take in the area. I guess those 3 hunters might have a different opinion than I

Nice pics !!!........... I noticed your huntin' partner has this thing down, Master shoots game, sets up camera, sit and pose....... recognized him in previous pics from last year.

Congrats on a good hunt !!!

I hear you! Not only that, here I'm cutting meat all day, to include a "dog bucket", and she's sleeping inside cause shes tired! I'll have to re-think who the "Master" really is

IMG_1964.JPGIMG_1939.JPGTwo in two days! First on 64 1/4". Second one 61". nice weekend on the creek!

Default Put down the gun and picked up the camera...

So went hunting with the Nikon instead of the Winchester and got some great shots...DSC_0276.JPGDSC_0283.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast