Thread: Ejector angle Problem

Question Ejector angle Problem

How do you change the ejector angle on the Rem 700 with Sako style extractor?

my brass keeps hitting the scope turrent.

thanks jeff in north Pole
    Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by alaska bush man View Post
    How do you change the ejector angle on the Rem 700 with Sako style extractor?

my brass keeps hitting the scope turrent.

thanks jeff in north Pole
    What type of scope/turrets (standard low profile, M1 or target turrets) are you using? Others will chime in, but the easiest thing to do is probably go to one size higher scope ring for a little extra clearance.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Ahhhh.... I have seen this a couple of times, and I am sad to report that each time it was because the gunsmith that had installed the sako extractor had installed it too high up on the bolt face. the fix in that case is to remachine the bolt and relocate the extractor, but that leaves the bolt with a gap. Starting over with a new bolt would be the "correct" way to fix that condition. Obviously I dont know if that is your problem or not, but it sounds like it.

If you happen to have a scope that has a simple duplex reticle, then you can always rotate the scope 90 degrees in the rings so that the windage knob is now on top and functions as your elevation knob. Windage knob will then be on the left. It looks a bit goofy, but I have done this will most all of my bolt guns as it greatly improves access to the mag and chamber. Of course if you had something like a German #4 reticle, it wouldnt work... well... it might, but would look really stupid.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

What Alangaq said. Several gunsmiths have told me this usually happens if the installation instructions included with a sako style extractor are followed and that they have to be slightly modified to avoid this problem! I have sako extractors on most if not all of the Remingtons that I have and I have not had this problem to date - thankfully. Hopefully your problem is something minor and easy to correct!
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"