Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle River Road Bull

Default Eagle River Road Bull

This picture is not mine nor can I confirm or deny if this guy is still around but the gentleman that sent me the photo last month stated he had been watching this bull for the last 3 years. Very impressive, keep in mind there is no moose hunting where this guy hangs out. I just hope to see him some day, or better yet come across his sheds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Another Eagle River Road Bull

This one was spotted by the wife on Sunday (18 SEP 11) so I suspect he is still around but here is another nice bull that hangs out near the Nature Center.

Default Nice bull

Another pic of the 2nd bull nice bull in someone's yard.

Very nice!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Is that first bull a 6 and 5?????? Wow

I'm not sure how many brow tines he has but I was thinking up to 7 and 6...here is a nice older heavy tine moose

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    This picture is not mine nor can I confirm or deny if this guy is still around but the gentleman that sent me the photo last month stated he had been watching this bull for the last 3 years. Very impressive, keep in mind there is no moose hunting where this guy hangs out. I just hope to see him some day, or better yet come across his sheds.
    This is the bull that was shot on Sat at mile 10 see trooper dispatch on 9/18 or my post about I am Disgusted. Folks that live out there nicknamed him Bullwinkle Plus. I have been watching him for the last 4 years on my bus route.

The guy is bragging that he was in a legal area on Facebook.

That first one is one huge bull!!!

Just a follow up to dupont, I read the report and sounds like they found the bull but did not put it down, so if he makes it through the winter maybe we can see him again next year.

LEO and DA will look into his social media.. The last trial I sat as a juror had tons of facebook and myspace stuff used as evidence.

Really too bad. Hope the guy gets full prosecution.

Obviously Hunt_AK hates poaching so much he locked the other thread in a fit of rage

add-on...You can write or call the prosecuting DA and make your voice known. If they get even a few phone calls and letters they stand up to public pressure.

Depending on where that arrow landed he will be hard pressed to recover and survive the winter without the pack of wolves or a bear on his blood trail. Every step he takes that broad head leaves it's mark in his shoulder. F&G would do right by tranquilizing him and removing the arrow.

Besides wouldn't they need the arrow as evidence? Match it to the rest on his quiver?

Sorry guys they shut down the thread this is changing too, my intent was to show the impressive bulls up the valley although the closed thread is the one that got me to post the pics. I do hope to see the bull again, and hopefully find years of his sheds (wishful thinking...)

Noticing the dates on the pics and hes still in velvet? Weird

The date is the day I downloaded the picture from my email (19 SEP). I received the email on 27 July 2011. Here is one more picture.

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    LEO and DA will look into his social media.. The last trial I sat as a juror had tons of facebook and myspace stuff used as evidence.

Really too bad. Hope the guy gets full prosecution.

Obviously Hunt_AK hates poaching so much he locked the other thread in a fit of rage

add-on...You can write or call the prosecuting DA and make your voice known. If they get even a few phone calls and letters they stand up to public pressure.
    Sent an email off to DA with Pics that I had and linked the FB page for them. Now just need to get court date so I can be there. Funny how he thought it was a legal area. I pulled the map for ER mangement area and basically the mountain tops are the boundries from the Glenn Hwy to Eagle Glacier.

I actually hate to think this guy got hit. This is one of five big bulls that I see every fall, with this one being the biggest, well the most brow tines anyway. There is one I think maybe wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Now just need to get court date so I can be there.
    Please share that info when ya get it. A packed gallery sitting behind the DA could be a good thing....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    The date is the day I downloaded the picture from my email (19 SEP). I received the email on 27 July 2011. Here is one more picture.
    Here is a better map for boundry definition

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu...eagleriver.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    Is that first bull a 6 and 5?????? Wow
    Actually an 8 and a 6 brow tiner.

Location: Eagle River Case number: 11-93775Type: Take Moose Closed AreaText: On 08/17/2011,

Anchorage Wildlife Troopers responded toapproximately mile 10 of Eagle River Road for the report of a moosetaken illegally in an area closed to moose hunting. Upon arrival Wildlife Troopers contacted XXXXXX, age 29 of Anchorage, who wasidentified as the shooter. XXXX stated he thought he was in an areaopen for moose hunting. A witness reported that he was taking picturesof a very large moose at approximately 0815 hours when he observed XXXXX stop near the moose and get out of his vehicle with a bow and arrow inhand. The witness said that XXXXX missed the first shot with the bowand arrow but hit the moose behind the shoulder with the second shot.The witness claimed he warned XXXXXX that the area was closed to huntingbefore he took the second shot. Wildlife troopers and an officer withAPD searched the area for the moose but was unable to keep up with theblood trail. Wildlife troopers called in the resources of HELO 1 andwas able to spot the injured bull moose from the air. Troopers trackedthe moose on the ground and determined not to put the moose down at thispoint. The area in which the incident occurred is part of the EagleRiver Management area and is closed to all moose hunting. XXXXXX bowand arrows were seized. XXXXX was charged with taking a moose in aclosed area which is a Class A misdemeanor and issued a summons toappear in the Anchorage District Court.Author: DBL1 Received Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:18 AM and posted Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:28 AM

Read down a little further on his Facebook page and you'll notice he DLP'd a cow moose back in July. That post was followed by a picture of a moose steak........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast