Thread: Thoughts on a 20' Hughescraft SeaRunner

Default Thoughts on a 20' Hughescraft SeaRunner

Specifically this used model:

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2546632783.html

This is the third fall in a row that I have seen this boat on CL and I want to go look at it. Any thoughts on it's current power (twin 50's)? Any problems with them being the same rotation? I'd like to use this boat for NW PWS, Skilak, Tustemena, Kachemak Bay and maybe Yukon/Koyukuk? These smaller SeaRunners seem like the way to go for guys on a budget that would still like to do a little shrimping and salt water fishing...

It appears to be a nice setup. I would like to see more hours on 12 year old motors. 240 hours means that the boat has been in storage a lot more than in use. CR motors aren't available in the small motors and really not necessary. Hewescraft makes a reputable boat and this boat will allow you to do what you want as long as you watch the forecast. Two footitis will strike, eventually.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

My Brother has been all over PWS in an open Bay Runner Baja with a 50 hp Honda on it.. the one you are looking at has a windshield and canvas. I think as long as you watch the weather you will be fine.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

For $500 more you can get a 28ft Bertram, check Alaska boats and permits. I dont work for them but have bought boats and permits from them ask for Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    For $500 more you can get a 28ft Bertram, check Alaska boats and permits. I dont work for them but have bought boats and permits from them ask for Glenn.
    Id like it to be "no big deal" to run down to Homer from Anchorage. My current tow rigs are a Tahoe and Cherokee. Looks like I'd need a one ton and pilot car to move that thing around.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Looks like a pretty nice set up, Twin power is always nice "insurance". 2' more makes for an appreciable difference IMO, but that can be said for any boat .

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Te Bertram would be more maintenance, and I don't think would work real well on the Yukon. I would stick with the Hewes. Better resale value and easier to move as well when it comes time to upgrade.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded