Thread: HK45 - With or without LEM trigger

Default HK45 - With or without LEM trigger

I am looking at getting a HK45. I have the option to get the standard DA/SA or get the LEM trigger that makes double action only. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation. Thanks in advance.

I have the HK45 full size and like the DA/SA configuration. The safety/decocker allows cocked & locked carry, similar to a 1911. I do like a SA trigger pull. I am thinking of selling mine, as I have too many 45s. Email if you are interested, although I am in Wasilla.

LEM all the way. Its not really DAO, that's a misnomer. LEM is really nice. Its even better when treated to the Bruce Grey Reduced Carry Perfection Package, he reduces the reset to the shortest possible length and cleans up the trigger. But the factory LEM is fantastic. You can make it standard or light just by changing a spring. The first round is fired after a fairly long but smooth trigger pull and then if you train correctly to release only to the reset then your follow up shots are all the equivalent of a single action follow up. The gun is fantastic. Ergonomics are incredible. Gun as accurate as anything I know out of the box. You'll be happy.

Edit: I should have said LEM all the way "for me." I love the DA/SA config as well but converted all mine to LEM after I tried it. Fell in love. That said I think the HK 45 is among the finest DA/SA 45s around as well.

Be aware that in addition to paying a premium for the gun, you'll pay a lot for parts and magazines as well. The mags aren't cheap anyway and for someone like me that likes to have a lot of mags, that hurts a little.

As a die-hard HK fanboy, once you go LEM there's no going back. I have either sold or converted all of my DA/SA HK's in favor of the LEM system. It's NOTHING like a traditional DAO that so many people fear. It's in a category all to itself.