Thread: Really need expert advice on mounting kicker on unique boat.

Default Really need expert advice on mounting kicker on unique boat.

Saw this online and knew it was what I needed for trips to my cabin on Alexander Creek. I need help from all you boating experts out there to figure out how to mount a kicker and steering controls. I'm thinking I'd like to go with a jet for skinny water.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You'll need to build a transom across the rear between the pontoons, but more importantly, you will need to build a deck across the front between the pontoons to hold ballast, like a couple cases of beer to counter the weight of the outboard. I think you will need ot lower the canvas topper as well, chances are it will act as a sail and cause cavitation issues.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    You'll need to build a transom across the rear between the pontoons, but more importantly, you will need to build a deck across the front between the pontoons to hold ballast, like a couple cases of beer to counter the weight of the outboard. I think you will need ot lower the canvas topper as well, chances are it will act as a sail and cause cavitation issues.

Good point, hadn't thought about cavitation issues. What do you think about running some UHMW on the pontoons. I wanna be able to skip over sandbars when things get really dodgy.

Sounds good, but make sure to put some deadrise on the front, those blunt leading edges might lead to the "tutle on it's back" effect.

How about a 4"Suction Dredge Pump sucks water up front and blows it out back, sit it in the middle for balance and to keep feet warm double propupulsion?