Thread: full plumage

Default full plumage

DSC02601.jpgDSC02603.jpg
    I know the Can isn't in plumage but you cant leave a canvasback outta a duck picture. the other 4 birds were normal brown alaska ducks lol

Nice. So does that mean it's time to put out a few more drakes in the spread?

Very cool - what part of the state did you take these in?

right here in the Anchorage area. And I have had drake in the spread since day 1

I took all my Drakes out of my spread this year and I haven't noticed a difference. In fact, last Saturday I could have painted all my decoys fluorescent orange and I would of had the same luck. The ducks on Duck Lake seem to have been very decoy shy.

hmmmm i hunted it this weekend and didn't shoot a duck that wasn't trying to land in my deeks. I did notice that when i quit quacking at them they would turn and fly off. I literally had to call untill i shot or they would turn. normally I call very very little if any. people keep saying DL is dead and i do not know why.
    DSC02598.jpg

Griffin, you would be welcome to set up about 25 yds downwind of me this weekend,,,,,,please. Bud
    Wasilla

Sure wish I could get a Pintail in that plumage, a good looking mallard and a canvasback, that is a heck of a day in my book!

Griffin, looks like you might have build that boat. Did you build it from plans? Who's? Have any more pictures? I'm a sucker for wooden boats. Especially duck boats.

boomstick,
    I did build the boat. Its loosly built off the hybrid duck boat plans but I modified it a lot!!! wanted to run my 9.9 tohatsu on it so its bigger and wider. its 10.5' long and 40" wide (on the flat part) I hunt 2 guys and a dog out of it with both guys standing to shoot. best boat I have ever owned. I have quite a few pictures of the build at various stages so pm me your email and i'll send you pics of whatever ya like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin4590 View Post
    right here in the Anchorage area. And I have had drake in the spread since day 1
    Good info; thanks!