Thread: Best time of year!

Default Best time of year!

I spent more time chasing moose than I originally thought I would, but have since gotten back to the grouse woods with Paxson in tote. We got out some yesterday. He bumped a number of birds but ended the day on a nice find and point. The fleeting bird offered no shot. It was good to see the brain and nose starting to come together. I know he has good genetics, and sound training. Itís fun to see things click, especially after all the time and money you put into a good dog!

"If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Heaven (Atleast in my mind).
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Sharp-tail.

Pointing a spruce grouse.

Pointing another spruce grouse.

Locked up on a spruce grouse. If you look close enough you can see the grouse on a tree branch. He had the scent from 20 yards away.

nice pics! it is very nice out there right now -- here's my Max on a solid point recently --2011 09 09 1.jpg2011 09 13 (8).jpg

Lookin' good, guys! welcome to Heaven!

Jim

Kylemac your dog looks great, not to take away from Paxson he looked great and so did those pics. I just have a thing for shorthairs

Thanks, Catfish! He's a good dog -- trying to get him some good experience on these wiley grouse.

Regards.

Max looks awesome kyle!!! That is a great looking bell as well Should get the boys together again down the road!

I'm getting my dog out on his first grouse with me here in 2 weeks we're gonna be chasing blue grouse on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.