Thread: I am just disgusted!!!!!

Default I am just disgusted!!!!!

Well here is another hunting season and another big bull is taken in a closed area and I belive this one was definately not a mistake. I have been watching this bull since about when school started. I was getting ready to report to the JBER bow hunters about this one making the trip to town as he was working his way down the valley. My guess puts him close to 60" plus. I am going to try and make court on this one. Last year a guy got a slap on the hand for a similiar incident just on the south side of the valley, also a very large bull.

Here is the report from the trooper dispatch.

On 08/17/2011, Anchorage Wildlife Troopers responded to
    approximately mile 10 of Eagle River Road for the report of a moose
    taken illegally in an area closed to moose hunting. Upon arrival,
    Wildlife Troopers contacted XXXXXXXXXXX , age 29 of Anchorage, who was
    identified as the shooter. XXXXXXXX stated he thought he was in an area
    open for moose hunting. A witness reported that he was taking pictures
    of a very large moose at approximately 0815 hours when he observed XXXXX
    stop near the moose and get out of his vehicle with a bow and arrow in
    hand. The witness said that XXXXX missed the first shot with the bow
    and arrow but hit the moose behind the shoulder with the second shot.
    The witness claimed he warned XXXXX that the area was closed to hunting
    before he took the second shot. Wildlife troopers and an officer with
    APD searched the area for the moose but was unable to keep up with the
    blood trail. Wildlife troopers called in the resources of HELO 1 and
    was able to spot the injured bull moose from the air. Troopers tracked
    the moose on the ground and determined not to put the moose down at this
    point. The area in which the incident occurred is part of the Eagle
    River Management area and is closed to all moose hunting. XXXXXXX bow
    and arrows were seized. XXXXXX was charged with taking a moose in a
    closed area which is a Class A misdemeanor and issued a summons to
    appear in the Anchorage District Court.

So you saw this happen?

And is the moose still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    So you saw this happen?
    No witness was not me. Guy was clearly warned. I was by later on the way to a friend's house. As a note the date in the dispatch says Aug but it was just yesterday 9/17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    And is the moose still alive?
    Apparently...will try and do a followup on Monday to see if we can find him. Will try and make an effort just glassing the area but I bet will need to make a hike of the area to find him, if the bears don't get him.

I hope this guy gets hit with the full extent of the law other than just having a fine and his bow taken (which was probably a POS, anyways). His excuse is horrible, plus a witness told him what he was doing was illegal and, even worse, there is a moose out there suffering because of this jackass who obviously sucks at shooting a bow with accuracy.

It is clearly obvious that this bozo hasn't been in Alaska too long. Just a wannabe hunter who doesn't care for the law. Like, honestly, think about it here. When was the last time there was a moose hunting season in Eagle River? LOL. What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I hope this guy gets hit with the full extent of the law other than just having a fine and his bow taken (which was probably a POS, anyways). His excuse is horrible, plus a witness told him what he was doing was illegal and, even worse, there is a moose out there suffering because of this jackass who obviously sucks at shooting a bow with accuracy.

It is clearly obvious that this bozo hasn't been in Alaska too long. Just a wannabe hunter who doesn't care for the law. Like, honestly, think about it here. When was the last time there was a moose hunting season in Eagle River? LOL. What a moron.

Ditto. This really @#$@es me off.

Just so it's clear there is a small game season but it's pretty restrictive.

The one that got killed at South Fork parking lot last year, the guy got a $500 fine.......nothing else.

that sucks hopefully that moose makes it. as a side note just because someone tells you an area is closed to hunting doesn't mean it is. when i lived in missoula MT we would bowhunt near a popular trail system close to town. we had people tell us all the time it was closed to hunting (which it wasn't, it was archery only though). Just make sure you read you regulations for yourself and don't take peoples word for it. Your going to get the ticket or the rewards not them. Its getting pretty sad but people lie all the time; area closed, area private, my buddy and i homesteaded here last week and now claim this 160 acres...yada yada.

Just curious? Are you sure it was on Sept. 17? Often times cases aren't put into the dispatch until well after they happened.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

If you guys want an even better front row seat, he's bragging about it on his facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...827097&sk=wall
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    If you guys want an even better front row seat, he's bragging about it on his facebook page!

Check out his 16 July FB posting...cow moose? Really?

Just assuming, wonder if thats where the moose steak came from
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

There was someone pulled over with a moose in the back of a police truck just past Prudoe Bay Road which is about mile 10. Don't sound like the same story but it was about 11am on the 17th. I have a picture of the big guy I need to post, but many have been enjoying watching him each year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't keep the meat in a DLP, do you? Can any one of s show up to court with that printed out and enter it into evidence?
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?” --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    Check out his 16 July FB posting...cow moose? Really?
    I don't have a Facebook account (I know I know, stop laughing) but someone that does needs to print that out and give it to the troopers for evidence. This guy needs to be taught a serious lesson. Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post

Hopefully the Troopers/D.A. have been reading along as this guy continues to hang himself....

Excerpt:
    "He ran across a river so we couldn't find it. They are getting a helicopter to get it. I didn't stick around cause I couldn't keep it anyway. And I was bummed about the ticket and them taking my bow. There was good blood so I know I put a kill shot on it. I found the arrow broke in half. Heart broken.."

*Edit*

If I read his FB correctly he is/was a Military Policeman???
    Last edited by Brian M; 09-19-2011 at 20:09.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Hate to say but he will beat it... I know/knew this guy he was in my bn, not to put his business on the street he is on 100% disability for PTSD... I know most if not all will say doesn't justify what he did and I'm not saying it is either. but he will probably beat it... On a side note he was an idiot anyhow when he was in the Army.

Wow, the Troopers who roam this site need to check out that guy's facebook and see if he ever reported that "DLP" cow. Interesting how he has a picture of a cooked moose steak the same day he was forced to shoot that cow in self-defense... What a dumbass. Get out of our state.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Hate to say but he will beat it... I know/knew this guy he was in my bn, not to put his business on the street he is on 100% disability for PTSD... I know most if not all will say doesn't justify what he did and I'm not saying it is either. but he will probably beat it... On a side note he was an idiot anyhow when he was in the Army.
    I hope you are wrong. No excuses. This guy needs a smack down and then a one-way ticket to Oklahoma. No offense to Oklahoma.

Looks like game over on this one...