Thread: Sarah's first rifle!

Default Sarah's first rifle!

During the last year or so, my oldest daughter started to show an interest in shooting. I had let her shoot her brother's air gun a few times, even his Henry mini-bolt .22. She always fired a shot or two, then moved on to something else. Lately though, she was much more focused on shooting and seemed less inclined to lose interest. She even talked about going hunting with me one day. (!!!!!)

So I took the whole family shooting a while back, and I had a hard time getting her to relinquish her brother's rifle. I decided it was time for her to have her own. Since she is "All Girl" though, a pink stock was a must. So I decided on a Pink Cricket.

The rifle is a hit, and she can shoot! She can't wait for me to take her on a small game hunt. (Neither can I!!)

Here she is, with her big brother from today's shooting trip. Too bad you can't field - dress tin cans and eat them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Good on ya soldier!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Nice, my little lady got her first a few weeks ago too!!

Thanks AD and Hunt! I'm proud of her. She turns 9 on the 21st, so this was an early birthday gift. She follows my safety rules perfectly, and hits what she aims at. I think it's time to turn her loose on some small game soon.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Girls tend to listen to directions better than boys, who just want to do their own thing. Girls also tend to be crack shots because they are more laid back and calm about it. The hard thing is to get girls interested and keep their interest with challenging yet attainable goals but if you can they sure have the ability. Looks like you have her hooked now to gently real her in.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

From the looks of those cans "big brother" had better never piss her off!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Good Job with the young lady. Give her peep sights on the next rifle and she will be ready for the schools rifle team.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    From the looks of those cans "big brother" had better never piss her off!
    He did his share on the cans, and was a big part of her shooting education.

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    Good Job with the young lady. Give her peep sights on the next rifle and she will be ready for the schools rifle team.
    The Cricket has a peep sight! I was surprised to discover that. Sarah likes the sights on her rifle, and uses them quite well.

Looking at the pictures, your boy looks very familiar to me. Must have been at some kid functions that mine were at or something...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Impressive.

Looks like great kids, goin in the right direction.

You can be proud.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Looking at the pictures, your boy looks very familiar to me. Must have been at some kid functions that mine were at or something...
    He takes karate lessons at Okamoto's here in Wasilla. Maybe there? That's about the only thing he does outside of home. Sarah is in karate now too. Gotta train her up so she's prepared for those would - be suitors.