Thread: Springer Spaniel Pups

Default Springer Spaniel Pups

I'm looking for someone that has or about to have a litter of Springer pups. The couple I've found only have males left. I'm looking for a Liver/White Female. Just burried my 13 y/o Choc Lab and I need another hunting lap dog.

Rob

Rob,

I have no idea where to get a ESS pup, but my sincere condolences for the loss of your lab.

Jim

Thanks. I think I found one in Texas that is a field bred ESS. Sad to say but all I;ve found around here were Show bred pups or backyard breeders. One great guy in Delta Junction though but unfortunately he didn't have any pups.

Sorry about your lab I've got a backyard breed ess with papers from the valley, best dog I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Sorry about your loss. Here's a link as to who's selling them out of state: http://www.essft.com/forsale.html#pfs . I've picked up my two field bred springers from this site & had them shipped up.

Thanks for the link. I found it the other day and have been in contact with a field breeder on there from Nebraska. I sent the money today and should have a little L/W female on Monday. James Gang Kennels is the name. Looks like he has a great line of dogs. Monday can't come soon enough.

Rob,

Check with Derek at 440-0790 he has ESS hunting dogs (beauties too) and is knowledgeable about local dogs that may be available or having pups. I am very sorry about your lab.

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    Thanks. I think I found one in Texas that is a field bred ESS. Sad to say but all I;ve found around here were Show bred pups or backyard breeders. One great guy in Delta Junction though but unfortunately he didn't have any pups.
    Please post the picts of your little girl when you get her, thanks.

I sure will. I hope to get her here Sunday night or Monday all depending on Delta's flight schedule.

There is nothing cuiter than ESP pup.

I'm ready to see your little lady! I'm sure she is giving you plenty of rest to break away and post.
    Go Big Red!

Well we picked her up last night and she's a great looking pup. Not ositive on a name yet as I'm gonna wait and see who she is.

Well we picked her up last night and she's a great looking pup. Not ositive on a name yet as I'm gonna wait and see who she is.

You better call her 'Dandy' because she sure looks like one. Great looking pup.

Thanks for posting the picts.

NICE looking puppy! Great timing, she should be hunting this time next fall.

I really hope so. Shes being a bit shy right now. I haven't introduced her to gunfire yet because she is acting really shy of noises. Talk about a spastic pup though. Full speed one minute then out cold in her bed the next. Shes been a lot of fun though.

LOVE those liver springers!! Mine is pushing 2 and still spastic as heck. It's in the breed for sure, way too much energy to contain! The only answer is take em to the woods and let em run it out! Mine still runs my kids into the ground even if they take turns playing with him. For about 6 hours after my last hunt I had the calmest dog around, 4 hours of hunting thick alders along a mountainside seems to be the antidote. . Went to bed and got up the next morning to find the energy fire had fully stoked itself while he slept. Throwing things for him to retrieve is going to have me with a bum shoulder faster than a MLB pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    LOVE those liver springers!! Mine is pushing 2 and still spastic as heck. It's in the breed for sure, way too much energy to contain! The only answer is take em to the woods and let em run it out! Mine still runs my kids into the ground even if they take turns playing with him. For about 6 hours after my last hunt I had the calmest dog around, 4 hours of hunting thick alders along a mountainside seems to be the antidote. . Went to bed and got up the next morning to find the energy fire had fully stoked itself while he slept. Throwing things for him to retrieve is going to have me with a bum shoulder faster than a MLB pitcher.
    Yep, I can attest to this! I have to run mine out on a daily basis and they still are going 90 miles an hour coming home.
    Here's a pic of my two - Double (Emma - B&W) & Trouble (Abby - L&W):

Abby:

Emma:

Flying Abby:

Beautiful dogs. I wish I had half their energy.....

Killer Instinct (Tammy). Thanks for meeting up with me at the dog park. You really taught me a lot in a short amount of time. You have some wonderful dogs and I can only hope mine grows up like yours. I know Ellie loved being out there with your dogs too. Can't wait to let them run together again.

Rob

Killer Instinct (Tammy). Thanks for meeting up with me at the dog park. You really taught me a lot in a short amount of time. You have some wonderful dogs and I can only hope mine grows up like yours. I know Ellie loved being out there with your dogs too. Can't wait to let them run together again.

Rob
    It was nice meeting you & your daughter also! Ellie sure is a cutie and she'll come along just fine
    Gotta love puppies!
    C'Ya again I'm sure,
    Tammy