Thread: moose liver

Default moose liver

trying some for the first time. any tips on how to prepare?

thanks

Soak in cold water for 24 hours, like in your fridge. After that... the sky is the world. Make liver and onions/liver/bacon and onions/roll in bread crumbs and fry... Good for you!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

One option, if you have a good large clean one is to take it to Indian Valley and have a mess of liverwurst made up.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Rinse it in water until the water coming off of it is clear
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I agree with the liverwurst option from Indian Valley if that's possible. I had a big batch made up last spring and it turned out great! I've had no problem with freezing. I just cut to a size I can eat in a reasonable amount of time and vacuum seal.

Like many others I love fried liver with bacon, onions and peppers (it's on the menu for tomarrow night). I also do the liver sausage but prefer fried/grilled liver.

if you dont like fried food try grilled liver, bacon, onions and pepper kabobs, theyare good too. Be careful turning as the liver can fall off the skewers.