Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you shoot this ram? (and some scenery pics)

Default Would you shoot this ram? (and some scenery pics)

Based off this picture would you drop the hammer? 6 years old...i couldn't do it...and didn't. biggest 6 year old i've ever seen.

wanted this one...but no moose tag..humm mmmm

already filled the teir I tag...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

just some pics from the last trip...no animals dead, wind blew a bear out and no legal sheep...

Master guide 212

one more...man i love the fall in the mtns....miss it every winter
    Master guide 212

It is a full curl isn't it? Legal and everything but to my untrained eye it probably isn't as big as what you already have. Can you save him for me next year???? I'll have a moose tag also , bear tag, wolverine tag etc.
    Great pictures and nice with those sheep in the background. How far are they away from you?

Thanks Jake, Mark

Whooooo...... realllly close on that ram, eh? From that head-on shot I wouldn't be pulling the trigger just yet, but I'd be taking an awfully close look when he turns his head. I assume that's what you did, and apparently it wasn't legal, but man...very close, and a pig for a 6 year old. Beautiful moose and caribou as well. As for the rest of the scenery, well...that's why we hunt the mountains, isn't it? Nothing like it on earth. Thanks.

Great photos!

Would I shoot that ram?.... yep. Probably would. I'd never have guessed a 6 year old.

Simply beautiful and would make a great mount IMHO with nice symetry and a little flair outboard.

He'll be a real bruiser in the next couple years if he doesn't broom off bad.

Nope I wouldn't !!!............Hes got good mass, however based on his age I would give him 3 more years. Great genetics like that deserves to reach full potential.

the head on pic is about 250 yards same as the pic with the guy in it.
    was 150 yards the next day...couldn't make him full that day either.
    ya he'll be one sweet sheep in a couple years. he looks closer to full from head on than he does from the side, but i'm guessing with the curl-o-meter PVC pipe he would be real close. but at only 6 years old i figured he'd be more than likely shy than over....just couldn't take the risk. resident might get away with it, but as a guide they seem more strict.....
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Nope I wouldn't !!!............Hes got good mass, however based on his age I would give him 3 more years. Great genetics like that deserves to reach full potential.
    Someone will pop it next year, I wish we had a way too close a Mountain Range for three years, and let the rams mature. Then rotate different ranges closed for three or even four years.

Great pics...that bull moose just makes my mouth water...

Ok, since I can't tell a legal sheep, how wide is that moose? 60+? They all looked real good to me, thanks.

I'm not a sheep hunter but if you drew a line across the base of the horns to its tips its not a full curl. ( 7/8s yes ) good one to get somebody in trouble.

Great pics and a good restraint. That moose would be down only if you were less than two miles away if this is a walk in hunt. (well into the 60" range and a lot of work after hes down, lol )

i figured mid 60's on the moose. and drawing a line from tip to base dont' seem to factor in much when they get out their PVC pipe to seal sheep.
    Master guide 212

The right horn may go full through the plastic tube.... I wouldn't have a warm and fuzzy walking in the door to get it sealed though. I do agree w/ Kaha... a toad in 3 years!

Like I said I'm not a sheep hunter, just looking at the regs tip to tip should cross the base of the horns, not sure how they really judge them. The moose was well into the 60s.

What is the pvc pipe you are talking about? (curious, don't have a clue, dumbass on this, lol , never went sheep hunting but some on here like me would like to get inlightened if we were to talk to some first timers,) Thanks

Again great pics.

Default This pipe

This is Craig getting his ram sealed. It's also 7/8th's but 9 yrs old, done deal, sealed. This is where we got schooled by Chris in Palmer.IMG_0676.jpg

He was clearly in the full curl or walk camp.

We also found out that this year 10% of rams fell into the double broomed classification.

EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!!!

After done killing things and busting your knees and back you'll have a future lugging around a camera.

Sure would, if he was the easiest to get out. Then again, 'round here I can get any sheep, so size dont matter, what does matter is his double chin and fat looking back, bet he had a pot belly.........

That Caribou Bull is fat too, Nice Hips and a fat bulge that runs up the back of his butt to those hips, Tails lower than his Back Fat
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Not a chance in hell I'd take a shot on that one. As others have said, give him a few more years, and if you're lucky he keeps most of those lamb tips that will be a monster....but since you know where he is now, I doubt he will get "that" big...I do really like the shape of the curl though.

I'd pass and let him grow into that 47" ram to top Bill's Ram ;o)

Pretty nice. I would have to seriously look pretty hard at that one, but it sounds like you had an opportunity for a good look. Nice moose and caribou!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast