1894CB357-20
    1894CB44-20
    1894CB45-20
    1894CSS
    1894SS
    1894SBL
    1894CSBL
    Please
    suggest an alternate model to your customers during this suspended production
    period.
    Production will resume once they fill the production requirements for
    the rest of their lever action product line.
    I do not know when production of
    the above models will resume.

So there ya go guys, case closed
    for a while, hope they get their act
    together

Under the new management both H&R and Marlin quaility have suffered. a store here got in three new Marlins a couple days ago and the buttstock on all of them wiggled around with the tang screw tight,all went back
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

My Marlin 1895SBL arrived in NIB with the following issues: Barrel was not fully screwed on, barrel was canted to the right and the front sight was OBVIOUSLY canted to the right, the rail was not flush with the steel on the top of the firearm, the internal lever that lifts the cartridge up to feed it to the barrel would consistently catch on the feeding port (not sure of terminology) so cartridges could not be fed into the tube and had to be hand-fed. It took 4 weeks back at the factory to correct it. It was corrected when it came back from the factory. Marlin quality assurance department was apparently on break, sleeping, or drinking heavily when it was time for my rifle's last check before it left the factory.

I like my 45-70, it's a decent rifle but it was not usable in the condition it arrived in. I presume it would be less costly for Marlin to do things right in the first place (repair costs and loss of customers).

MyTime

A buddy of mine opened a NIB SBL with the same front sight issues...shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I mentioned this around three weeks ago and got flamed in some
    places, but here is the word I got today from a large Marlin
    distributor:

Marlin has temporarily
    suspended the production of the following lever action firearms:

338MX
    338MXLR
    1895G
    1895-COWBOY
    1895XLR
    1894CB357-20
    1894CB44-20
    1894CB45-20
    1894CSS
    1894SS
    1894SBL
    1894CSBL
    Please
    suggest an alternate model to your customers during this suspended production
    period.
    Production will resume once they fill the production requirements for
    the rest of their lever action product line.
    I do not know when production of
    the above models will resume.

So there ya go guys, case closed
    for a while, hope they get their act
    together
    So these Marlin rifles you customize, are they an "inferior product at their price point" and require lot's of expensive mods?

Just trying to figure out if I can actually trust your word at times, or if you veer folks to products you ONLY carry:

here's your words (post #2):

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ountain-rifle.

Sure didn't take Remington long to screw up this business endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    So these Marlin rifles you customize, are they an "inferior product at their price point" and require lot's of expensive mods?

Just trying to figure out if I can actually trust your word at times, or if you veer folks to products you ONLY carry:

here's your words (post #2):

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ountain-rifle.
    Wassa matta I hurt your feelings over your scope woobie? I dared to dis your beloved sightron?

I personally dont give a hoot about whether you trust my word or not. Those who do biz with me do. You want a sub $200 scope, buy a Leupy or a Redfield. If you want to pay more for it, buy it somewhere else.

Oh and Marlin QC has been poor lately. Thats why we fix them up.

Don't own a Sightron, but owners of em seem to have nothing but good things to say about em. According to some of the HORROR stories I've read on new Marlins purchased by the unknowing, "poor QC" is an understatement. BUT.......Winchester is back darlin!

Those Lapua bullets I bought from yah, I'd certainly consider inferior at their price point......no expansion on game animals and velocity hundreds of feet per second slower than any other available factory loading.

Burris scopes also considered junk by you. I Bashed through the brush, rivers, rattled thousands of miles of gravel roads out of case, whitewater, falls, spills all spring and summer long in the bush.........still hit point of aim on a caribou this fall. I don't even bother checking zero anymore, waste of bullets.

I threw away a Sightron SII 3-9x42 a year and a half ago. Started to have issues with it tracking and, being **** near 14oz, I decided to toss it instead of test Sightron's warranty dept.

Don't own a Sightron, but owners of em seem to have nothing but good things to say about em.
    Thats because they own them. When someone buys something, their ego mandates that what they chose be acknowledged as good by everybody else.

There are folks who say...hell I bought X and it is a POS...but you dont see that very often

Those Lapua bullets I bought from yah, I'd certainly consider inferior at their price point......no expansion on game animals and velocity hundreds of feet per second slower than any other available factory loading
    How can bullets have a slower velocity unless you loaded them that way?*insert confused smiley here*

Burris scopes also considered junk by you. I Bashed through the brush, rivers, rattled thousands of miles of gravel roads out of case, whitewater, falls, spills all spring and summer long in the bush.........still hit point of aim on a caribou this fall. I don't even bother checking zero anymore, waste of bullets.
    See point made above.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I threw away a Sightron SII 3-9x42 a year and a half ago. Started to have issues with it tracking and, being **** near 14oz, I decided to toss it instead of test Sightron's warranty dept.
    Diogenes is happy

Thats because they own them. When someone buys something, their ego mandates that what they chose be acknowledged as good by everybody else.

There are folks who say...hell I bought X and it is a POS...but you dont see that very often

How can bullets have a slower velocity unless you loaded them that way?*insert confused smiley here*

See point made above.
    Point not proven on multiple accounts. Case in point:
    1. Bought Lapua "bullets" (factory cartidges from you)
    2. Junk: No expansion, hundreds of feet per second slower than my Nosler Custom ammo. Can prove the velocity with my Chrony if you'd like to see the results.
    3. But because of your ridiculous ego you claim in another thread that the reason for the anemic velocity is because that is the velocity they worked best with when you talked to "Lapua Reps."

New Marlin owners:
    1. Bought POS rifles
    2. Warned others of their POS rifles.

It's been nice chattin with yah, gotta get house work done so I can leave on my moose hunt.

Oh I see you are talking ammunition, not bullets...caliber, velocity, what expansion etc?

Yip accurately implied cartidge when stating "bullet".
    for the "kindergarten minded" see #2 sub-definition of "bullet"(can refer to cartridge):

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bullet (source)

bul·let

[bool-it] Show IPA noun, verb, -let·ed, -let·ing.

noun1.a small metal projectile, part of a cartridge, for firing fromsmall arms.

2.a cartridge.

3.a small ball.

4.Printing . a heavy dot for marking paragraphs or otherwisecalling attention to or itemizing particular sections of text,especially in display advertising.

5.Cards . an ace.

verb (used without object)6.to move swiftly.

LOL....whatever...care to share the story of your..ahem....bullets.

Not to step between Ken and Mainer here but...

Is it possible Marlin decided to suspend production on slow moving guns to concentrate on producing (perhaps improving QC) models that are more in demand?

I noticed the list primarily consists of the ill concieved 338 Marlin models (can't be that popular), the ballistically inferior 444(why?, with high performance 45-70 growing on trees and all), and the 1894 series which were so in vogue with the Cowboy Action Shooters....yesterday. The 1895s on the list are all older models as well.

Now that the baby boomers have moved on to some other new hobby and the economy ain't doing so hot most other places that Marlin has decided to consolidate production into rifles that might actually sell? Like the 1895SBL and the bread and butter 336s?

Generally in manufacturing, poor QC is a result of trying to do too many different things at once. It's certainly not unheard of for a maker to suspend production on slow movers to concentrate production capacity on better sellers- often relying on the supply "in the pipe" to carry the model through a production cycle. Sometimes its a precursor to cancellation, sometimes not. Sometimes its a sign of a company in crisis- sometimes its just a transition to new models.

Just my $.02

LOL....whatever...care to share the story of your..ahem....bullets.
    When I get good n ready, you'll surely see some chrony results. Got bigger things to do, like get out the door tonight and get some moosey meat in the boat! Will certainly get it posted up in the off season month: October. You'll just have to chew on ur pedicured fingernails till then.

That word "whatever"......pretty popular with little teenage girls.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Not to step between Ken and Mainer here but...

Is it possible Marlin decided to suspend production on slow moving guns to concentrate on producing (perhaps improving QC) models that are more in demand?

I noticed the list primarily consists of the ill concieved 338 Marlin models (can't be that popular), the ballistically inferior 444(why?, with high performance 45-70 growing on trees and all), and the 1894 series which were so in vogue with the Cowboy Action Shooters....yesterday. The 1895s on the list are all older models as well.

Now that the baby boomers have moved on to some other new hobby and the economy ain't doing so hot most other places that Marlin has decided to consolidate production into rifles that might actually sell? Like the 1895SBL and the bread and butter 336s?

Generally in manufacturing, poor QC is a result of trying to do too many different things at once. It's certainly not unheard of for a maker to suspend production on slow movers to concentrate production capacity on better sellers- often relying on the supply "in the pipe" to carry the model through a production cycle. Sometimes its a precursor to cancellation, sometimes not. Sometimes its a sign of a company in crisis- sometimes its just a transition to new models.

Just my $.02
    I dont know the reason myself, dont care to speculate publically and only posted it to give some news, which of course precipitated the behavior, infra

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    When I get good n ready, you'll surely see some chrony results. Got bigger things to do, like get out the door tonight and get some moosey meat in the boat! Will certainly get it posted up in the off season month: October. You'll just have to chew on ur pedicured fingernails till then.

That word "whatever"......pretty popular with little teenage girls.
    All over a scope. sad.

stop the bickering already you girls.
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast