Thread: 3 Black Bears behind the cabin today. Get'em

Default 3 Black Bears behind the cabin today. Get'em

Well they are back. I just counted three black bears eating berries on the alpine at mile 7.8 Hope Road. Two are most likely siblings about 2 3/4 years old. The third is a larger/good size bear. They are not together.

When do they normally head to the dens down there? Is that dependent on snowfall or photoperiodic events?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well they are back. I just counted three black bears eating berries on the alpine at mile 7.8 Hope Road. Two are most likely siblings about 2 3/4 years old. The third is a larger/good size bear. They are not together.
    Could you tie the larger of the three to a stump, I'll be down Saturday after football.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    When do they normally head to the dens down there? Is that dependent on snowfall or photoperiodic events?
    Mid to late October is the normal time for them to start declining in numbers. I've seen 'em out in November, but in general the numbers will start declining after October 15th depending on snowfall.

Just sent you a PM.
    PC gag in place.

I'm looking to get a last minute bear hunt in this weekend. Is this area a good spot for some black bears?

What time of day are you seeing them?