Thread: Win 70 Tool?

Default Win 70 Tool?

I have a Win 70 Super Grade 300wm that I want to refinish the stock on. This gun has a cross-bolt holding it together with a spanner bolt. I called Winchester today and they said I likely had to make my own tool to remove it as its about a 1995 model and they ( the new Winchester) co do not use that anymore.
    Anybody know what size spanner tool I need or know of one that was ever produced? Good Grief!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I've used a piece of round steel slightly larger than the crossbolts in diameter, and drilled the end for two small pins to fit the distance of the holes in the crossbolts. Pretty easy tool to make.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

It's been since about 1995 since I took one of those apart. I used a set of snap ring pliers with the correct sized tips in it to turn them out.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'll whip up something - funny part is this spring I dug a screwdriver outa a drawer that had the spanner tips - been there for years and never could remember where I got it from or why - I needed a convential screwdriver that day and ground the tips off as I had never needed it - now I am thinking it came with the gun when I bought it - go figure...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I was going to mention that Cully sells a 15 in 1 screwdriver to use with tamper proof fastners and I bet that one might fit your rifle. http://www.amazon.com/Cully-37011-Ta.../dp/B0015YP37A Kinda expensive, but handy to have when you need it for other stuff.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem