Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peaches and cream bead?

Default Peaches and cream bead?

Hey guys,

I hear a lot of you "beaders" speak so highly about a bead called "peaches and cream". I can't seem to find it...I thought i read somewhere it what most places are calling "cheese" or "cheese pearl" now..Is that correct?

Thank you!!!

go buy some mottled orange/tangerine/natural roe/dark roe that trout beads sells. Then when you want to start learning things on your own go to the store and get some nail polish and start painting your own.
    There is way better stuff out there than the ole peaches and cream. Start finding eggs in the water and take pictures of them and match the hatch yourself. It's 100000 times more fun.

This will get you in the right direction.

Mossy fly shop of diamond has some I believe.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

So your saying I dont have enough now? hahahahaah I have every color every place makes, 'cept peaches and cream..Even have a WHOLE 21 compartment box full of custom colors

Quote Originally Posted by SIMMS View Post
    So your saying I dont have enough now? hahahahaah I have every color every place makes, 'cept peaches and cream..Even have a WHOLE 21 compartment box full of custom colors

You may have a "problem". Lol.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

So that was you fishing beads with a Backpack & Sherpa to hall all your gear..........LOL

Peaches and cream? Bet you read something Chuck put on here. Seems you can get that bead at Sportsman's, but I doubt that is the actual name.

It looks like you have a lot of beads but quality is better than quantity any day when it comes to beads. Like I said the best way is to get pictures of real eggs of all species. I have a journal that has all species at different times of year. There is really about 5-10 must have colors in all sizes. There is 2 colors of beads that work all year round. So to tell you the truth, you have too much of the wrong thing. It's all about trial and error. I went through 1000's of beads until i realized the stages a real egg goes through. So you are on the right track, just find some real eggs and go from there. Good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by Slayintrout View Post
    quality is better than quantity any day when it comes to beads.

No more than I know about bead fishing, even I have realized this. Took two meiho boxes of beads this year. Took four last year. I like some variety as most folks, but doubt 50 colors are needed on any given day on the water. Honestly, I am only fishing 5-10 different beads on most days anyway. It is easy to put too much emphasis on the bead. Well, so was the case with me personally. At this point, I think improving my mending abilities and fine tuning my rigging (wt and leader length) are much bigger factors than the bead I am fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    No more than I know about bead fishing, even I have realized this. Took two meiho boxes of beads this year. Took four last year. I like some variety as most folks, but doubt 50 colors are needed on any given day on the water. Honestly, I am only fishing 5-10 different beads on most days anyway. It is easy to put too much emphasis on the bead. Well, so was the case with me personally. At this point, I think improving my mending abilities and fine tuning my rigging (wt and leader length) are much bigger factors than the bead I am fishing.
    You use that many??????? I acutally have more then I need as well, but honestly I always end up using about 3 (the same 3), if none of the 3 work then I stop using beads altogether.

Hey guys,

I hear a lot of you "beaders" speak so highly about a bead called "peaches and cream". I can't seem to find it...I thought i read somewhere it what most places are calling "cheese" or "cheese pearl" now..Is that correct?

Thank you!!!
    Thats like calling a spot on a river by a certain name, every person has a different name for the same hole. You probably already have an entire bead box full of "peaches & cream", like Dan said, you've been "Chucked"

Most seasoned guys on the Kenai have the same name for all the holes.. But yeah beads are different. everyone has their own name for beads.

Go to Sportsman's and pick out one that looks like Peaches and Cream, that is likely the bead you seek.

While there, you should go ahead and pick up some Strawberries and Cream.

That is one of Chuck's beads of choice as well

It amazes me that you have a bead kit suitable for making bracelets at a Girl Scout Jamboree, yet you seek more.

Been there, done that, and I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Spend time improving your technique and spend your money traveling to productive fishing waters. I doubt a more extensive bead kit will be of benefit at this point.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Go to Sportsman's and pick out one that looks like Peaches and Cream, that is likely the bead you seek.

While there, you should go ahead and pick up some Strawberries and Cream.

That is one of Chuck's beads of choice as well

It amazes me that you have a bead kit suitable for making bracelets at a Girl Scout Jamboree, yet you seek more.

Been there, done that, and I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Spend time improving your technique and spend your money traveling to productive fishing waters. I doubt a more extensive bead kit will be of benefit at this point.

-Dan
    Like every one else on here...........oh I need one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this pic for real???! Please, pleeeease, oooh please tell me that is for your daughters sunday school class...

Dang, and I thought I had bead issues...There is no substitute for trial and error. Though, with that said, you can fish any bead with confidence and still catch fish; you can fish any bead on a centerpin and catch more fish. Just remember, if you're gear aint in the water it aint gonna catch ****e; spend less time riggin and more time fishin.Start scaling down your bead inventory and find some alternative uses for them... bedazle, bracelets, necklaces, adult novelty items, etc...peace out, girl scout!

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    ... bedazle, bracelets, necklaces, adult novelty items, etc...peace out, girl scout!
    Dam Jocko, that's one of the harshest yet funniest posts I've seen in a while!

+1
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Found some killers at Michaels, a craft store chain. Quartzite. Heavy. Perfect color and size.

Those look real nice Dan! Did you paint them or is that the way they came from Michael's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast