Thread: Bushnell Sentry II Spotting Scope Eyepiece

Default Bushnell Sentry II Spotting Scope Eyepiece

Garage-saling wife brought home an older Bushnell Sentry II spotting scope, so that I don't have to cuss my binos at the range anymore (and, probably, because she thought that if she got something for me, I wouldn't go into a low hover over what she'd spent on other things). In any case, it's got the (presumably) standard eyepiece marked "25X". Works OK for my use. But, it also came with a second, screw-in eyepiece marked "Bushnell Sentry 48X" that I'd really like to try. Trouble is, I can't figure out how to dismout the 25X eyepiece, so that I can mount the 48X lens. Looked online for user manual -- no luck. Tried Google and Bing searches, but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know how to perform this exchange, or can you recommend a shop/person in Anchorage or the Valley who might be able to give me a hand?

Thanks much.

Mike

I thought Bushnell might have some manuals on their web site and here is a list of the spotting scopes. They have four different listings for the Sentry spotter. Hope this helps.

http://www.bushnell.com/products/sco...ction-manuals/

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    I thought Bushnell might have some manuals on their web site and here is a list of the spotting scopes. They have four different listings for the Sentry spotter. Hope this helps.

http://www.bushnell.com/products/sco...ction-manuals/
    Then again,maybe not. I looked at a few of the "manuals" and they don't give much detail. Might be in there someplace but I couldn't see it, sorry

Thanks for the attempt, marko. Probably the same ones I found that didn't tell me what I needed to know. I'm not much for doing mechanical surgery on equipment that I don't know well -- can't always get it back together, you know? -- so I'll keep trying to find someone who knows their way around this scope.

Thanks again.

Mike

late reply. Eyepieces just unscrew at the back of the body of the scope. Where the grey paint of the scope body surface changes to the black anodising surface of the eypiece. BTW the 48x is not my favorite eyepiece. Dark, and difficult to use. The 25x standard is not much better. If you can find a 22x Wide Angle these scopes come alive, IMHO they are real sleepers. Not water proof but great bang for the $; however, only with the 22xWA. The revolution in spotting scopes in the last 10-15 years has mostly been in eyepieces (where it should be). The old ones were pretty poor. j