Thread: Any silvers still in the salt?

Default Any silvers still in the salt?

Looking to possibly take the boat out next weekend but dont want to waste my time. Which would be better for silvers and maybe feeder kings whittier or seward?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

How far do you want to go? We picked up a couple of nice Silvers off the Perry side of Lone Passage last Friday. Wanted to just catch some dinner, saw a nice jumper so out went the pink ladies; in 30 minutes we had two the box. The Sea Lions were feasting on Silver off the north side of Perry. Commercial guys were still at it off Ester so must be a few over there.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Looking to possibly take the boat out next weekend but dont want to waste my time. Which would be better for silvers and maybe feeder kings whittier or seward?
    Homer. Four of us got 4 kings and one silver in about 5 hours of fishing and that was slow compared to a couple of days before. Here are my two:
    Two fishies.jpg
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Whittier would be my choice if I was headed for silvers. That run is later than the other silver runs and hold good fish for some time. Try close to town and troll your way out towards Pigot point.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Whittier would be my choice if I was headed for silvers. That run is later than the other silver runs and hold good fish for some time. Try close to town and troll your way out towards Pigot point.
    Word. Would love to try homer as well but a 200+ mile drive isnt in the schedule right now.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Not necessarily true anymore. They changed brood stocks, so the timing should theoretically be earlier. I haven't had much luck shore fishing the last couple of years no matter when I've gone, so I'm not sure when they actually come back now. Seems like they just kind of trickle in compared to the large and dense schools from just a few years ago.

Well that sucks then... Maybe a call to the hatcherys is in order to figure out timing. I have always enjoyed the later runs so I can hit other areas first. I would still head out and try trolling. I had a deer hunting trip in October that went bad due to weather and the silvers were packed close in to town. I would think some fish would still be holding even if the changed release dates. I could be wrong though

It's apparently not just me, they really aren't coming back in the expected numbers according to Fullbush, who makes a living fishing.

Default Out at Whittier for the first time

The weather is terrible nobody is out here fishing the low tide. Me and a friend are out here for the weekend I'll let u Guys know how we do,but it doesn't look promising. :/