Thread: caribou north of Kotzebue ?

Default caribou north of Kotzebue ?

going in Friday about 55 mi. NE of kotz after 'bou. Anyone have an update on migration and/or char, grayling fishing ? Any snow up there yet?

Caribou?
    Theres plenty plenty plenty, even I have too much at the moment......and since most every one has their freezers full, their drying racks full, there wont be alotta locals out again till its freezing, then for whole carcasses to get on through the darkness with.

Fishing is always good.

No snow yet, but lets hope so soon. Who ya goin' with?
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

drop camping unguided with 3 friends from Alabama. flying in w/ ram aviation

we are heading out with Ram also, but not till Sept 28th

went out fishing yesterday caught lots of dollies (these aren't char up here except for a few in some upper lakes contrary to popular belief) the fish in the rivers that people refer to as trout up here are dollies. fishing for them is good right now as is im sure grayling and pike but the grayling don't really get any fishing pressure to speak of. much bigger fish to catch up here than them. no snow either.

There are caribou along the Noatak River but lots of boat traffic. Last couple of times I was out there I saw plenty but they were off in the distance. I hate packing caribou across tundra to we passed on those. There is still plenty of time yet. Most people I know have had good luck along the Kobuk between Noorvik and Kiana.

BTW cjustinm.....I think your profile pic is my photo.