Thread: thanks for moving my pots to 100 feet!

Default thanks for moving my pots to 100 feet!

I really would like to thank you for moving my pots to 100 feet! Even tho you dropped your pots on top of mine. And yes i got your name and number so AK 2515 I hope you enjoy your karma! By the way I was there first and do not enjoy you dropping right on top of me. I did have to pull your pots the first time and put them back where i found them.

If you have their name why don't you man up and call them, why ***** about it on a public forum...

I viewed it as an FYI post not ***** about it on a public forum... Unlike keeping it to himself, others are now aware.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyRaven View Post
    I viewed it as an FYI post not ***** about it on a public forum... Unlike keeping it to himself, others are now aware.
    Ditto. Pretty sure if he took the time to take the name and boat number down he's doing something to pursue it. I viewed it as an FYI/public humiliation thing.....and I have no problem with that. There are too many people screwing with other people's gear out there.

First of all how could you tell your pots were moved 100 feet? If you are using the right amount of line the buoy will swing that far. Why did you pull his gear, was it tangled with yours? Bottom line is I doubt he's raiding your gear, he's just setting too close. I which case I think a phone call directly to him would do more good than posting here. Is the offender even a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in AK View Post
    First of all how could you tell your pots were moved 100 feet? If you are using the right amount of line the buoy will swing that far. Why did you pull his gear, was it tangled with yours? Bottom line is I doubt he's raiding your gear, he's just setting too close. I which case I think a phone call directly to him would do more good than posting here. Is the offender even a member?
    Brain read his post again it will answer most of your questions.

Dube, I’ve read it a couple of times and it still makes no sense, maybe you could read it and give me your take on what happened?
    Clearway’s pots were moved to 100’ of water then AK2515 put his pots on top of them??? I doubt it. I think by saying “on top of me” he meant too close to “his spot”.
    So this tells me that Clearway returns to “his spot” and finds his gear drifted or otherwise ends up in 100’ of water, he decides it was AK2515 that moved them and proceeds to pull AK’s gear. What if Clearway’s gear was already near shore at 100’ when AK set his pots? Even if AK moved Clearways string that doesn’t justify Clearway pulling AK’s gear. Maybe AK found it floating in 1500’ of water and rescued it for you. Maybe you owe him a thank you…
    Why would you pull AK’s gear? Did you just want to see if he was getting lots of shrimp in your spot? Did you leave the shrimp or put them in your cooler?
    I hate people screwing with other people’s gear as much as anyone but in this case I’m not sure who’s doing the screwing. Sorry for the rant, I’m done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in AK View Post
    Dube, I’ve read it a couple of times and it still makes no sense, maybe you could read it and give me your take on what happened?
    Clearway’s pots were moved to 100’ of water then AK2515 put his pots on top of them??? I doubt it. I think by saying “on top of me” he meant too close to “his spot”.
    So this tells me that Clearway returns to “his spot” and finds his gear drifted or otherwise ends up in 100’ of water, he decides it was AK2515 that moved them and proceeds to pull AK’s gear. What if Clearway’s gear was already near shore at 100’ when AK set his pots? Even if AK moved Clearways string that doesn’t justify Clearway pulling AK’s gear. Maybe AK found it floating in 1500’ of water and rescued it for you. Maybe you owe him a thank you…
    Why would you pull AK’s gear? Did you just want to see if he was getting lots of shrimp in your spot? Did you leave the shrimp or put them in your cooler?
    I hate people screwing with other people’s gear as much as anyone but in this case I’m not sure who’s doing the screwing. Sorry for the rant, I’m done.
    I see where you're coming from, and I was assuming a lot from the OP. I'm ASSUMING he pulled the other gear because it was on top of his gear, for instance. It's true that we don't know how it all ended up in 100', and it could be a case of drifting gear.

funny how the guys that start these things always seem to disappear once the bickering begins??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    funny how the guys that start these things always seem to disappear once the bickering begins??
    haha i know right! These friggn crybabies need to watch their gear if they're worried about it. Maybe a cruise ship or tug & barge drug the gear. Heck maybe I did when I was running by radar at night. All I know is I like to set my gear around other pots just because theres safety in numbers, this isn't a competitive fishery folks.

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Yeah, I was noticing that, too.